Nike SSPL, USPL and HardSPL

Tip us?

jockyw2001
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbud View Post
Followed instructions as per above. Was able to update to 15%, did not recover. Now when I try to load the uspl, hardspl or flash I get a communications error. When I try to flash the ASIA ROM (above), it shows 1% then the phone blacks out and I get ERROR [294] Invalid vendor ID. When I yank the battery and turn back on, I get a the red, green blue screen with the following info: NIKI 100, SPL-1.16.0000, CPLD-4 (RUUNBH in top right corner).

Help!
It means the USPL or HardSPL wasn't flashed to your device in the first place.
Then you tried to update the ROM which doesn't work of course and now your Niki is still in Rom Update Mode.
You can get it out of that mode by using MTTY to connect to your device via USB (search for MTTY 1.42). Make sure activesync setting "Allow USB connections" is not checked!.

Press return 2 times and you will see a "Cmd>" prompt.
Type "task 8" and your device should reboot normally.
Then try again to flash the USPL or HardSPL (recommended) and once it is installed flash the ROM of your choice.
Happily accepting donations for free SIM/Security unlockers, FrankenKaiser unbricker for Kaiser "Radio From Hell", Herald unbricker, Excalibur & Shadow WiFi fix, many SPLs (e.g. Vox, Excalibur, Shadow, Kaiser, Niki, Diamond) and generation of sim unlockcodes for many HTC models (Excalibur, Vox, Elf/Elfin, Gene, Startrek, Oxygen, etc). Proud member of the Diamond Project Team
http://forum.xda-developers.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=487710&dateline=11901  94891

cmonex
Old
(Last edited by cmonex; 3rd January 2008 at 02:05 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockyw2001 View Post
Very wise words Pawel062, thanks for contributing them.
But not to worry, this SSPL works fine. I solved the usb issue.
We patched CableChanged but omitted to try loading it with cable connected then unplugging and replugging, unfortunate because we actually also then delved into detectUsbCable evidently unnecessarily... still, it was quite amusing to do since I (Olipro) hacked up a bit of shellcode to BL to that would display "Wahey" and a number on the screen (per iteration) so that we could see where execution got to, anyhow, we're in the US now (New Jersey specifically) so we're technically AWOL at the moment :P

notes from cmonex: you probably already know which function we refer to when mentioning CableChanged, but if not, then it is the function where you patched a BEQ to NOP to always load the proper flag for USB connection. (we did the same patch but as Olipro says above, we didn't test it properly .. then no more testing, as we've gone to the US. )
...but if you didn't know the function name, in that case i wonder how you got there without knowing the functions
anyway did you see my post in Kaiser SIM Unlock thread, i didn't see a reply from you? thanks.
Main devices: Athena (x7500&x7510) , Xperia X1, RhodiumW
Other devices: Shift&x9500 (yess! running SPL 1.29.OliNex),
Kaiser&TouchPro&Herald, Diamond&HD, 2xUniversals
(Qtek_9000&Vodafone_VPA_IV) + non HTC's.

member of Athena Project and Shift Project

Donations:

To cmonex

To Athena Project

To Shift Project

To Diamond and Raphael Elite Team

boogiecornejo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
if you upgrade to the asian rom,will xt9 still be there.i'd do anything just to get rid of xt9!!!

calvin4000
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiecornejo View Post
if you upgrade to the asian rom,will xt9 still be there.i'd do anything just to get rid of xt9!!!
Yes Sir..

I updated my 16 keys French version to the ASIA English version... the keyboard works properly, but still starts with XT9 on...

On the other hand, the languages are still : English, French, German, Italian and Spanish by default.... nice....

It's worth it to donate, guys...
Hermes - i-mate 8150 - Treo 750v

jockyw2001
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
...but if you didn't know the function name, in that case i wonder how you got there without knowing the functions
anyway did you see my post in Kaiser SIM Unlock thread, i didn't see a reply from you? thanks.
I found this by pure reversing via deduction and comparison.
I simply compared behaviour of pof's sspl for kaiser with the niki spl (which also runs on kaiser). My only debugging tools are "FEFFFFEA", call printmodelinfo and ida pro. So by using those tools i first determined code flow of pof's sspl and then forced niki-1.16 to do the same thing. The usb patch is my work, the other patches are of course from pof and olipro.

Regarding the work on sim unlock, sure we can collaborate as long as we won't call each other bitch and keep it friendly
Happily accepting donations for free SIM/Security unlockers, FrankenKaiser unbricker for Kaiser "Radio From Hell", Herald unbricker, Excalibur & Shadow WiFi fix, many SPLs (e.g. Vox, Excalibur, Shadow, Kaiser, Niki, Diamond) and generation of sim unlockcodes for many HTC models (Excalibur, Vox, Elf/Elfin, Gene, Startrek, Oxygen, etc). Proud member of the Diamond Project Team
http://forum.xda-developers.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=487710&dateline=11901  94891

luca-cimaglia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help me please ... didn't work...

download the attached files
- REMOVE SIM and SD CARDS !! - OK
- connect usb cable - OK
- copy sspl-1.16-nike.exe to your device and run it - OK
- after a few seconds "USB" appears on the display - AFTER 1/2 SECOND I SEE ONLY 1 SECOND THE "USB" AND "Loading..." BUT NOTHING HAPPEND...

tom_codon
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by luca-cimaglia View Post
download the attached files
- REMOVE SIM and SD CARDS !! - OK
- connect usb cable - OK
- copy sspl-1.16-nike.exe to your device and run it - OK
- after a few seconds "USB" appears on the display - AFTER 1/2 SECOND I SEE ONLY 1 SECOND THE "USB" AND "Loading..." BUT NOTHING HAPPEND...
Hum....U installed USPL or Hard-SPL ???
I mean Run Ruu update USPL or Hard-SPL ??
If you like my work and want to offer some support please click on the Paypal button below

Niki Project Rom release
Topaz WM6.5 Roms
Tom Text Messaging

Playing risky game

luca-cimaglia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
...nothing work...

toddbud
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default MTTY 1.42 Does not have USB option

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockyw2001 View Post
It means the USPL or HardSPL wasn't flashed to your device in the first place.
Then you tried to update the ROM which doesn't work of course and now your Niki is still in Rom Update Mode.
You can get it out of that mode by using MTTY to connect to your device via USB (search for MTTY 1.42). Make sure activesync setting "Allow USB connections" is not checked!.

Press return 2 times and you will see a "Cmd>" prompt.
Type "task 8" and your device should reboot normally.
Then try again to flash the USPL or HardSPL (recommended) and once it is installed flash the ROM of your choice.
Thanks for all the help so far. However, I followed your instructions, but can not seem to get it to work.

I downloaded MTTY 1.42, unchecked activesync setting "allow USB...", connected phone to computer (phone in red, green, blue screen mode), started MTTY and get no USB option for connecting.

I also downloaded another MTTY version 0.01, which does give me the USB option but gives me the error "USB port can not open"

Help Again!!!!!!

luca-cimaglia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_codon View Post
Hum....U installed USPL or Hard-SPL ???
I mean Run Ruu update USPL or Hard-SPL ??
nothing work...