Start Menu Customisation
I've built a .dll file with icons for customising the programs folder of the start menu. I've attached this file with an example of how it can be used in a .zip archive.
For those not used to working with shortcuts (.ink) and/or .dll files instructions are as follows:
1) Unpack "Start Menu.zip" to a folder of your choice on your computer.
2) Copy "Start Menu.dll" to "\Windows\" on your device, using Active Sync.
3) Again using active sync go to "\Windows\Start Menu\" on your device.
4) Back up your programs folder by copying the folder entitled "Programs" and pasting it to a folder of your choice on your computer.
5) Open the Programs folder on you device using ActiveSync.
6) Open each program group folder here (e.g. "Games") in turn, cutting the program shortcuts (e.g Notes.lnk) out of the folders into the main "Programs" folder on the device then delete the folder.
(N.B. You should not cut any shortcuts called "ICON.lnk" out of the individual program group folders. These will be in "Office Mobile" and "Games" folders, and possibly some others, which display their own icon already.)
7) Open the "Programs" folder that you extracted from the "Start Menu.zip" archive.
8) Select all the folders present and copy them to the Programs folder (\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\) on your phone, using ActiveSync.
9) Copy your program shortcuts into the program group folders as required.
To undo simply delete the entire contents of "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\" and then copy the contents of the folder that you copied over from your phone in step 4) above.