I have been trying to update to WM6.1 and am having terrible problems.
I have a HTC s730.
I have followed the steps indicated to the letter.
- REMOVE SIM and SD CARDS !!
Yep done this
- connect usb cable
- create a SPL backup by running spl-backup.bat from SPL-backup-kit (make sure you Wings is "application unlocked", run the attached SDA_ApplicationUnlock on PC)
run the app unlocker and created a backup
- copy sspl-0.91-wings.exe to your device and run it
- after a few seconds "USB" appears on the display
- unplug and replug the usb cable
This is where I run into a problem, I perform all the steps as outlined in this post, but when I get to this point the device just sits there with the RGB screen and does not progress any further.
I guess this may be a problem on my end having not done something somewhere although I cant find any other info as to what I might have missed, anyone got any suggestions