Brick

Search This thread

athompson

Oct 19, 2010
It should be added that if you can fix the device (by reflashing it or whatever), then it's not truly bricked.

boborone

Still not true. On my device's forums (HTC One S), hard bricks are being fixed by JIG boxes and J-Tagging the device. So it is still possible.

Still not true. :rolleyes: Not all devices haves JTAG. And don't argue semantics. On the general, hard bricks, by very nature of the name, have no recovery. And soft bricks do.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
Still not true. :rolleyes: Not all devices haves JTAG. And don't argue semantics. On the general, hard bricks, by very nature of the name, have no recovery. And soft bricks do.

I just stumbled upon this, hah! I can't believe this debate about the correct usage of "bricked" was going on even back then (2013 apparently). To me it is obvious that a bricked device is, and will always be, non-functioning. The term "paperweight" has also been around for a *long* time.

If it is "bricked" it is dead, period. There is no such thing "soft-bricked". It's like saying someone is kinda' dead. They either are dead or are they not dead.

Hmm, do zombie-esque terms apply here? [emoji4]

......TiTiB (tweak it 'til it breaks)......
Galaxy Tab S | SMT-T700 | klimtwifi

boborone

I just stumbled upon this, hah! I can't believe this debate about the correct usage of "bricked" was going on even back then (2013 apparently). To me it is obvious that a bricked device is, and will always be, non-functioning. The term "paperweight" has also been around for a *long* time.

If it is "bricked" it is dead, period. There is no such thing "soft-bricked". It's like saying someone is kinda' dead. They either are dead or are they not dead.

I think everyone in android has it easy. WinMo and before, Motorola and Nokia devices, if you messed up, you were ****ed. You had a brick.

I also think bd needs to be added to the definition of a brick.

Babydollll

I think everyone in android has it easy. WinMo and before, Motorola and Nokia devices, if you messed up, you were ****ed. You had a brick.

Soft brick: can fix, bootloader, download mode or recovery are still accessible....
Hard brick: device is kill.... No power on.... You're screwed, enjoy your new paperweight...
My definition of a brick and arguably the most important ;)

Attachments

• SIIbHc3.jpeg
    SIIbHc3.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 1351012288620.jpg
    1351012288620.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 152

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Soft brick: can fix, bootloader, download mode or recovery are still accessible....
    Hard brick: device is kill.... No power on.... You're screwed, enjoy your new paperweight...
    My definition of a brick and arguably the most important ;)
    It's like saying someone is kinda' dead. They either are dead or are they not dead.

Comas are the definition of kinda dead..

^^ and she throws em BTW, ^^

Don't piss her off
    ^^ and she throws em BTW, ^^

Don't piss her off

While you're sleeping, so you wont even know it's coming.