Thread Deleted

Higest Overclocking?

OP seijyennite

4th January 2008, 09:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

110 posts
i know this might b a stupid question and a question that has been asked alot... i did a search and couldnt find an answer but my question is what is the highest you overclocked your phone and it was stable? im currently running at 240 stable and im sure this will answer alot of questions for anybody who is new to overclocking thx in advanced
4th January 2008, 09:55 PM   |  #2  
Retired Moderator
Flag DK
Thanks Meter: 42

12,499 posts
More
dont really think that that many people push it to the max
as both ram speed and sd ram interface being a much bigger bottleneck then cpu
so overclock is more likely to cost precious batt time then anything usefull
4th January 2008, 10:29 PM   |  #3  
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 0

47 posts
More
I've noticed that my MDA becomes unstable after 230 or so. I'm using an old 1.08 IPL/SPL rom if that has anything to do with it. I have Battery Status so I just use the CPU scaler and it works pretty well.
4th January 2008, 11:26 PM   |  #4  
Flag San Diego

549 posts
More
I'm running @ 232 and have been for months with no noticeable additional battery drain. Running a more-or-less stock WM5.
5th January 2008, 03:16 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 91

386 posts
Donate to Me
More
When i have some high quality video files or a bit more complex software that wizard can't handle at standard frequency (like quake), i run it @260MHZ without any problems. I went up to 273MHz a few times, and it worked fine with TCPMP, but i never used this setting for more than about 20 minutes. When i used different programs (not only the video player) and switched between them (read: normal pda use) i had a few system frezes @273MHz, so i don't consider it a safe setting
5th January 2008, 05:38 PM   |  #6  
Flag Minneapolis, MN

198 posts
More
I use Battery Status to scale between 147 to 247 with boost set to 260. I have never once in 4 months had it lock up. I use a very stable rom though so that has to help. When using other less stable roms I was getting lock ups often.

Jeff
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread