Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,596 Members 38,765 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[01/04/08] Jaguar 4.0 Released

Tip us?

xnifex
Old
Thanks Meter 165
this is my first time trying out WM6 so I was wondering, is there anyway to edit the settings in the Messaging app to make the left soft key be "New" like it was in WM5 instead of "Delete"?

FxZ
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does anyone have problems with the HTC Home plugin?
The plugin is loaded but everything i change refuses to show on the home screen.
It just doesnt work.
Anyone here that has it working on his device?

akashastrega
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FxZ View Post
Does anyone have problems with the HTC Home plugin?
The plugin is loaded but everything i change refuses to show on the home screen.
It just doesnt work.
Anyone here that has it working on his device?
Works fine for me. Which HTC Home are you using? Read back a few pages and you will see a thread entry discussing this. You need to have the HTC Home for WM5 installed. The HTC Home Customizer will work fine, I switch my settings each week without any issues.

♥Galaxy S4 TmoUS♥
ROM=Currently Stock

★Mad Props to Mohit1234

bobcfg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I turned off M$ Voice CMD and WOW WM6 runs so much better without that overhead.

This is the first ROM i've used with that app installed.

How would I go about removing this software or anything other software from this ROM? or would I have to recook the ROM to do so?

hellacopterous
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've never noticed slowdowns with Voice Command. It doesn't run constantly, does it? It should only run when you launch it for a command.

I love this rom! The only problem I'm having with it is that the audio seems very loud and overdriven. Even if I lower the ringtone volume, the incoming call ringtones (and music, and other alerts) are lower in volume, but they sound distorted like they are being highly overdriven. Has anyone else seen this problem?

bobcfg
Old
(Last edited by bobcfg; 21st February 2008 at 07:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by norelidd View Post
I've never noticed slowdowns with Voice Command. It doesn't run constantly, does it? It should only run when you launch it for a command.

I love this rom! The only problem I'm having with it is that the audio seems very loud and overdriven. Even if I lower the ringtone volume, the incoming call ringtones (and music, and other alerts) are lower in volume, but they sound distorted like they are being highly overdriven. Has anyone else seen this problem?
I believe this rom has a volume fix to up the volume. before I used to have it at full but not 2 notches from full is just as loud. I don't seem to hear it distort though.

I fixed my Voice Cmd, I toggled it on and off in the options and soft reset and my OS in general is running faster. I might just doing a hard reset after i get my contacts saved out, working with a new computer here so...

I hadn't hard reset after the initial install, and I think that was recommended.

Automatic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
awesome ROM. thank you for your hard work

Superman859
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I installed this ROM a couple of days ago and have found it to be very stable and works quite well for me in many aspects. However, there is one thing that throws me off and I'm not sure if it is a ROM issue, WM6 issue, battery issue, or what.

The battery life stays at 100% for a really long time. This is the second ROM I have installed and at first I just thought this ROM was really good for battery life. I did not charge it over night, but had in the evening. I woke up and believe it was still in the 90s or low 80s. I looked at it midday and it was high 40s. An hour later I noticed it was shut off and I had to charge it.

Would this be ROM related with poor battery life details, or is it just an old battery (I bought the phone used), or is this just how technology usually works (most things seem to stay high longer and drop quicker and quicker. My car does the same thing with gas left...)

I can charge it nightly, but would like to have a good approximation of how much life is left just in case.

Other than this, the ROM is very good and fixed some issues I had with a previous ROM regarding wifi.

hobs0n
Old
Thanks Meter 4
WM 6 Slim Edition was the first I used and now it seems fubared, I dont know if its the phone or the rom but I wanted to try JAG v5 since people seems to like it

A quick question, what is the difference between
With Ext ROM Enabled
Without Ext ROM Enabled? With extender rom it keeps some parts of the old rom? That just seems bad, or is it?

Another question, how can I get swedish keyboard on this rom?
Xperia Z with Stock Rom (10.3.1.A.0.244], 32Gb Class 10 Samsung MicroSDHC.
Asus Infinity running CleanRom 3.2.1 Inheritance with 200DPI, browse2ram and a 32Gb Class 10 Samsung MicroSDHC
Great programs I cant live without:
Total Commander, Contact+, Nova Launcher, MultiLiveWallpaper, Quickpic, PowerAmp, Tubemate, Old Swedish Radio Play.

Connecting Sennheiser HD25-1 to both these devices is making my life wonderful!

jstraten
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for this awesome ROM.

It was the first ROM I ever tested and I just love it. I mean I did test a few other ROMS over the past few days, but they just don't compare!

Even though it is already close to perfect there are two things that would make it even better:

1. Could we get a newer base ROM?
2. Could we add HTC Home plus config tool to the ROM?
3. The currently included Live Messenger has the big problem that it adds all contacts from Live Messenger which is typically not what most people want... Can we get a newer version added?

Otherwise I am totally happy and it is pretty much the first time that my phone is doing what I wanted it to do.

Now, if I could only figure out why I can only connect to one wireless network and then if I want to connect to another one I always have to do a soft reset... Could that be a radio problem?

Thanks for making this ROM available!

I can't wait to see Jag 5.0.