Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 48,817 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Bible software for Windows Mobile

Tip us?

thefish123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Best Bible software for Windows Mobile

Hi there everyone,

I just got an HTC Touch and I would love to be able to get a modern English translation of Bible on it. Specifically I am thinking of the NIV or possibly the NKJV.

Top features I am looking for are:

1) Easy to read on screen. Should be readable for practical use including reading out load in groups. Perhaps something out there has configurable font sizes?

2) Easy to navigate to desired passage (book, chapter, verse)

3) Basic search functionality so I can enter words like “apart law testify” and get passages such as Romans 3:21. The search functionality should be comparable to that of www.biblegateway.com - currently one of my most used resources.

Optional features that might be nice but not critical might be:

1) Bookmarks: So I can prepare a lesson and have bookmarks for relevant passages. If the bookmarks could be color-coded, numbered of have labels attached this might make it easier for me to know which bookmark to use at which point during the lesson.

2) Translation independence. Perhaps the software could be independent of the translation used and additional translations (RSV, NIV, ASV, etc...) could be purchased and loaded into the same software.

3) Personal notes: If I could enter my own personal notes and have them automatically date/time stamped and stay with a passage that might be nice.

4) A Windows XP/Vista version: if the software had a desktop version that might be nice but not at all necessary.

I realize such software is most likely to be commercial (particularly because the NIV is copyrighted to Zondervan) but if I could get something with the top 3 features I would happily pay for it.

Best regards,

The Fish.

Romek
Old
Thanks Meter 0
http://www.laridian.com

bon_joey
Old
Thanks Meter 8
pocket e-sword
C8525 (HERMES 100)
Radio: 1.54.07.00
Rom: K's Rom v1.31 (6mbpp)
IPL: 1.04
SPL: 2.10 Olipro HardSPL V7
Operator: Rogers

HTC Touch (Vogue 100)
Radio: 1.59.10
Rom: 1.17.666.1
Operator: Bell Mobility

raskell
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have used Laridian Pocket Bible for years. Highly recommend it.
HTC One X - HTC__044 Quad-Core
(Jelly-Bean Powered)

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.. ><((((º> --> One Way!

johnnychloe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have you tried olivetree software? it does all of your reqs apart from date stamping your notes - good free product apart from NIV etc.

antjmon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If youre willing to spend some money I suggest Quick Verse mobile 2007. It is a truly multimedia bible that even my non-techy wife was impressed with.