Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 47,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tilt and wired 2.5 mm headset

Tip us?

kojak_nyc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Tilt and wired 2.5 mm headset

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer at times to use a cheap 2.5mm headset with my phone. Don't have to worry about charging it and don't have to worry about losing it either.

Well, I got an HTC adapter from a friend with a Mogul that connects to the Tilt (it fits) and splits into a 2.5mm and mini-usb jack. All was fine until recently when people started telling me that they were having trouble hearing me, and one who told me to take them off speaker. I just did a test by calling my voicemail and putting the phone in a closed drawer. The voicemail was empty, so obviously, the microphone on the headset wasn't being used - it was using the mic on the phone instead. Is this the way it is supposed to work or do I have either a defective Tilt or a defective adapter?

Thanks,
Koj

Jozer99
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You tried a different headset? I have had real problems with wired headsets having crappy microphones.

kojak_nyc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes - I tried three headsets already. The problem is that the mic does not pick up at all. Test it out - I blow on the headset's mic and the other person hears nothing. I blow on the phone's mic, and they hear it.

Strange