Remove All Ads from XDA

Tilt and wired 2.5 mm headset

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By kojak_nyc, Junior Member on 11th January 2008, 07:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Call me old fashioned, but I prefer at times to use a cheap 2.5mm headset with my phone. Don't have to worry about charging it and don't have to worry about losing it either.

Well, I got an HTC adapter from a friend with a Mogul that connects to the Tilt (it fits) and splits into a 2.5mm and mini-usb jack. All was fine until recently when people started telling me that they were having trouble hearing me, and one who told me to take them off speaker. I just did a test by calling my voicemail and putting the phone in a closed drawer. The voicemail was empty, so obviously, the microphone on the headset wasn't being used - it was using the mic on the phone instead. Is this the way it is supposed to work or do I have either a defective Tilt or a defective adapter?

12th January 2008, 02:19 AM |#2  
You tried a different headset? I have had real problems with wired headsets having crappy microphones.
13th January 2008, 04:19 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Yes - I tried three headsets already. The problem is that the mic does not pick up at all. Test it out - I blow on the headset's mic and the other person hears nothing. I blow on the phone's mic, and they hear it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread