Originally Posted by butzchan
With GPS Test, I have gotten 3 satellites at once before...no fix, all were weak signals...but 3 satellites.
Interesting... does the tool you use display the NMEA data? If so, check out the syntax
and see what the NMEA data you see means.
I'm getting data but it's related to the GPSID, no useful data.
The point of this post was just to discount whatever COM port the GPSID (GPS Intermediate Driver) is configured on. I just used HTC GPSTool to test all 14 COM ports. The only two active were COM4 (for which I have the GPSID configured), and COM5 (for which I have the outgoing port to my bluetooth GPS receiver configured). The meaning of this is very important.
The internal GPS hardware device/chipset is not configured on a COM port. It, most likely needs to be found and installed on a device level.
Here's what I would do next / I wish I knew how to:
1) Dump my ROM (so that I could have a total backup that I can restore after testing; my phone is critical for my job so I can't be screwing around irreversibly)
2) Load the pre-prod rom
3) Run the HTC GPS Tool
4) Test all COM ports for valid NMEA data
5) Find which COM port the GPS hardware device/chipset is configured, not the GPSID
6) Find the driver (related files and registry keys)
7) Figure out how to install the driver and attach it to the hardware device/chipset. (completely unfamiliar)
8) Dump the driver files and registry keys related to configuring the hardware device/chipset
I'm more of an IS bent logician than a programmer or hacker (I'm into networking), or whatever you want to call some of these XDA folks. So, the above is a general plan; if anyone with the specialized skills (such as driver-level programming, or an understanding of Windows Mobile device interfaces) can take on the above tasks; we will have an answer. For instance, hannip
, who extracted the Bluetooth stack from the Treo 700wx
and made a CAB available for installation on the Treo 700w and 700wx, would be able to perform pretty much the same exact thing on the s730 and come out with results.