Amber LED not blinking on Reminders [SOLUTION INCLUDED]

Search This thread

samvds

Feb 5, 2004
Hi all,

I know there are some topics on reminders and LEDs that aren't blinking, but I can't find any solution for the problem I have.

I own a HTC TyTN II, with ROM 1.56.405.5 (08/28/07).

When I set in the "Start" - "Settings" - "Sounds and notifications" - "Notifications" for the event "Reminders" the option "Flash light for NO LIMIT".
This does not work like it should be. (Missed calls seem to be OK)
At the time of the reminder, the screen turns on, message is shown AND amber light is blinking. This is all OK.
But when (after 2 minutes) the screen truns off (set in backlight settings), the amber light is turned off too!!! The green LED is blinking again.
When I look at my device (the LED), it seems nothing happened. I can only see that there was a reminder when I turn my screen on.

I searched the internet already, but did not find any solution for it.
- I discovered "Kaiser Notifications", but I don't want anything else to change, no reminders needed, only an amber blinking LED.
- I discovered this topic http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=290719 , that seems to be exactly the same problem as I have. I changed the registry as described, but this does not help on my device.

I hope someone knows how to tweak or solve this??

Thanks in advance!!

Sam

Last edited:

samvds

Feb 5, 2004
Hi all,

I tested this on another device (with same ROM) and it seems to be a bug in Windows...

Does anyone has the same problem?

Sam

samvds

Feb 5, 2004
Hi all,

new update...
I tested a HTC 3300 (Artemis) with WM6 and this shows me the same problem!
Reminders don't work like it should be!

Strange that no-one else has the same problem...

Sam

samvds

Feb 5, 2004
Problem solved...

Hi,

I found a solution to solve this problem on all devices.
Let's call it the "LedBugFix" :)

Just copy the CAB to your device, run the CAB en perform a soft-reset.
Now, the amber light should stay active until you "read" the reminder.

Note that in your "sounds & notifications" this checks for reminder should be:
[X] Play sound (can checked or not)
[ ] Repeat (SHOULD BE OFF!) (Can be solved by creating a WAV that plays for x minutes)
[ ] Display message on screen (SHOULD BE OFF!)
[X] Flash light for xxx (your choise)
[X] Vibrate (your choise)

Have fun!

Sam

Attachments

• LedBugFixSetup.CAB
    8.4 KB · Views: 206

PinzPilot

Feb 20, 2008
Hi,

[ ] Repeat (SHOULD BE OFF!) (Can be solved by creating a WAV that plays for x minutes)

Have fun!

Sam
Sam, You have no idea how much I have been looking for a solution to this flashing amber light problem. I have(or should I say, HAD) the Verizon XV6800(WM6). In the Sounds and Notifications for MMS, the option to turn on REPEAT and FLASHING LIGHT is greyed out and will not allow you to turn on these settings. Can you please tell me if your solution will or is designed to fix this particular problem for MMS?:confused: Also, is there some reason why "Display message on screen" must be turned OFF. Does this mean that the icon on the Today screen for MMS will NOT SHOW that an MMS has been received???:confused:

I'm really sorry that I can't try your solution myself, because I got so sick and tired of dealing with Verizon and UTStarcomm over this issue and the fact that ActiveSync was always turning itself on, that I finally got so worn out I just returned the phone within my "30 Day Worry Free Guarantee". I want this phone very badly, but bugs like this make me wonder what others exist that I had yet to discover. Dealing with these mega-corporations and getting nowhere just made me disgusted and fed up so I returned it.:mad:

I may be a glutton for punishment, but I am giving serious consideration to getting this phone again(It will be my THIRD time) so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Your efforts to resolve this problem are commendable.
Regards,
Mark

henk-jan

Nov 21, 2004
Hi,

Have fun!

Sam

Hi Sam
I've been searching for this but couldn't find the right entries. Found it just now. I'll give it a try and hoping it works like you say. Thanks anyway for you efforts.

RemE

Jan 2, 2007
SoCal
I did give this a try and while it seems to work, my backlight now is an Max Low when I turn on the phone, Unlocking is then very difficult when driving. Once unlocked the display remains dim and when checking the display brightness sliders, they are in the correct positions that I last left them, just moving one causes the display to go bright again, until the next power on.

I un-installed the cab, reset, and all is normal again....wierd.

hujer

Oct 15, 2007
Opava
www.softimage.cz
Just in the case you can simply fix this weird WM "feature" you can use DontForget application.
DontForget is easy-to-use and highly customizable Windows Mobile application that can repeatedly remind you of unread SMS text messages, unread MMS multimedia messages,
missed calls, unread E-mails and missed calendar events by sound, vibration, notification window or hardware LED.
DontForget also can do much more ...

More you can read in this thread
or directly here.