Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

how to unlock htc touch without password

OP seckin38

19th January 2008, 08:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Friends,

I've just joined the forum. My HTC touch has just been locked itself and I can't unlock it because I didn't set a password. I still can receive calls but can't make calls, the screen is password screen, nothing else. I can't shut it down without removing the battery.

I tried PIN, PUK, IMEI, 0000, 1234, etc but didn't work. I tried soft reset but didn't help. Tried hard reset but it didn't reset. I tried the SIM card in other phones, it works, thus, the problem is the device.

Any help will be appreciated...
19th January 2008, 08:54 PM   |  #2  

275 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seckin38

Friends,

I've just joined the forum. My HTC touch has just been locked itself and I can't unlock it because I didn't set a password. I still can receive calls but can't make calls, the screen is password screen, nothing else. I can't shut it down without removing the battery.

I tried PIN, PUK, IMEI, 0000, 1234, etc but didn't work. I tried soft reset but didn't help. Tried hard reset but it didn't reset. I tried the SIM card in other phones, it works, thus, the problem is the device.

Any help will be appreciated...

Flash new ROM
19th January 2008, 09:52 PM   |  #3  
Flag Central England
Thanks Meter: 2

266 posts
More
You want to double check about that hard reset. I think you've probably only done a soft reset. A hard reset will reset the machine back and wipe off ALL your data and settings, including the password.

The front screen password of which you are referring to NOT any of the ones you have listed, but instead it is something you would have set when setting up the device.

Have a try with some of your usual passwords
The Following User Says Thank You to Elwyn M3100 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2008, 09:37 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
I have tried hard reset (pushing green and red buttons at the same time pushing the reset button with its own pen) but, didn't reset (since there appeared no message on the screen like "the data will be lost"). I think those two buttons are not functional because of password. Every time I tried hard reset it has done the soft one.

thanks anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwyn M3100

You want to double check about that hard reset. I think you've probably only done a soft reset. A hard reset will reset the machine back and wipe off ALL your data and settings, including the password.

The front screen password of which you are referring to NOT any of the ones you have listed, but instead it is something you would have set when setting up the device.

Have a try with some of your usual passwords

20th January 2008, 05:09 PM   |  #5  
Flag Central England

266 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seckin38

I have tried hard reset (pushing green and red buttons at the same time pushing the reset button with its own pen) but, didn't reset (since there appeared no message on the screen like "the data will be lost"). I think those two buttons are not functional because of password. Every time I tried hard reset it has done the soft one.

thanks anyway

I'd suggest you query this in the HTC Touch forum rather than the General Forum for everything, as they have more intimate knowledge to help you
30th May 2008, 08:43 AM   |  #6  

1 posts
Hi there, my HTC touch just did the same today. I never set a password.
I contacted my IT guy and he mentioned the following:

Try number 1 once, and then tap unlock.

WORKED BRILLIANTLY!!
13th November 2008, 12:57 AM   |  #7  

1 posts
Talking
The HTC Touch does that all the time.
All you need to do is hold down the Send and End Call buttons down firmly and push the stylus up in the little hole near the usb port (Reset Button) and wait till the screen says that the phone is going to format and all data will be lost press the soft key to continue. Then when it says that press the center button and it will show Fat formatting and Rom formatting. This will erase all data on your touch so make sure you back up.
After turn on the phone and go through the set up and it should be perfectly ok.

You can do this for two reasons.

1. To reset the phone locks.

2. To repair the touch screen if it stops working.

Hope this helps. Enjoy
13th November 2008, 08:46 AM   |  #8  
Flag Central England

266 posts
More
Dotybizz, I guess the O/P wanted a way to recover without wiping his data. However, due to the security reasons I'm sure you know about often that isn't a suitable option.
15th December 2009, 09:04 PM   |  #9  

2 posts
Not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotybizz

The HTC Touch does that all the time.
All you need to do is hold down the Send and End Call buttons down firmly and push the stylus up in the little hole near the usb port (Reset Button) and wait till the screen says that the phone is going to format and all data will be lost press the soft key to continue. Then when it says that press the center button and it will show Fat formatting and Rom formatting. This will erase all data on your touch so make sure you back up.
After turn on the phone and go through the set up and it should be perfectly ok.

You can do this for two reasons.

1. To reset the phone locks.

2. To repair the touch screen if it stops working.

Hope this helps. Enjoy

I tried but fails. Can you advice something more. I need it badly man.
18th August 2010, 09:06 PM   |  #10  

1 posts
solve = hard reset
for hard reset press volume down button + center button + red reset button

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread