Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,518 Members 50,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

does this exist

Tip us?

norf1983
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default does this exist

hello all,

does the polaris have tactile feedback or is there a third party app which will provide this?

I have searched and searched but could find any trace.

cheers

Marc

SabbeRubbish
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What do you mean by "tactile feedback"? Reporting problems to M$? If so, you can enable this.

Rudegar
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 41
if you mean a gyroscope orintation detector like iphone then no i dont believe so
hhhmm ok i may be a jerk but i'm a jedi jerk like my father was before me
BTW "I can't use a skeleton arm with that"

norf1983
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Nope not the function that would rotate screen depending on how i was holding the device.

what i mean is a function or third party app that would feedback when entering text on the screen, niether by making a noise or better still a short virbatration. similar to the LG VIEWTY or the new symbian touch platform that they are developing?

cheers

dr_s
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by norf1983 View Post
Nope not the function that would rotate screen depending on how i was holding the device.

what i mean is a function or third party app that would feedback when entering text on the screen, niether by making a noise or better still a short virbatration. similar to the LG VIEWTY or the new symbian touch platform that they are developing?

cheers
No, there is no tactile or haptic feedback on touch cruise.
(Like the one you get with xbox controllers ... ...... not in touch cruise though.)

Still, it is the BEST. VIEWTY or symbians ar nowhere close to what TC is.

LTxda
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by norf1983 View Post

cheers
That's a good question. I wonder if something like this exists also. Maybe we can find something to cook into the ROM....let's all look around.

binners
Old
Thanks Meter 0
there is a post here that has a lot of good addons for touch cruise, just got mine + i havnt found the thread yet, looking now

found it, here ya go!!! its number 6 in the list of tweaks http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=355277

norf1983
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
sweet you are a star!!!

Thats it my mind is set on getting the O2 XDA ORBIT 2.

At long last i have found the PDA/PHONE that i want. Now i just have to wait untill Mid Feb to get it. BOOOHOOO.

Marc

victoradjei
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltxda View Post
That's a good question. I wonder if something like this exists also. Maybe we can find something to cook into the ROM....let's all look around.
There is a very old application on this forum from the xda days called "vibrate" which only vibrated when you dial numbers in the phone application. Perhaps the smart people of this forum can extend that functionality to all screen taps, or specific input formats.
Was XDA2, then K-Jam, Dopod 818 Pro (Prophet), E-ten M600+. Atom gone. Artemis in and out.Trinity with GPS has come and gone Now Ameo with dopod brains and waiting for the next device