Kaiser Sim Unlocker
Kaiser Sim Unlocker v0.1
Brought to you by jockyw2001
You definitely save money by using this unlocker, so consider a donation for me to keep the R&D going
to send your PayPal donation.
Note for WM6.1 users
Do not try this on 6.1! You will need to downgrade to 6.0
Note for Vista users
will explain how to change your drivers to the xp. You will have problems running the unlocker otherwise. Log in as administrator if you run the ROM update tool and unlocker. That also applies to XP users.
(The instructions below take preference since they are more current than the readme in the package)
1. To verify you have installed the right HardSPL do this: power off and then press power on while keeping camera pressed, this will enter the so called bootloader mode and you see a tri-color screen (Red, Green, Blue). You should see "SPL-1.0 OliPof" on the second line in the top left corner. You can exit this mode by means of a "soft reset": press the reset button with the stylus.
2. Make a note of the radio version that is currently installed. You see the version strings in the splash screen which appears soon after power on (e.g. "R 1.27.14.09"). Since we will flash a special radio in step 5 you need to flash back your original radio in the last step. You can download radio roms from XDA devs here
3. Connect PC and Kaiser with a USB cable and keep it connected until the last step.
4. Power on the Kaiser and let it boot into Windows Mobile. On the PC make sure the activesync icon is green
5. After you unpacked the download you see directories "step1" and "step2". Go into "step1" and run KaiserCustomRUU.exe. This will flash the special patched radio rom. Follow the instructions until it is finished.
Note that you can also skip step 6. and proceed with step 7.
6. Power off your Kaiser and insert a 'strange' SIM, i.e. a SIM from another provider than the one your phone is locked to.
7. Once Windows Mobile has booted up it will (usually after you have entered the usual 4-digit PIN) show a window called "Simlock" and a textbox where you can enter a 8-digit unlockcode. Now perform a soft reset by pressing the reset button *but* at the same time keep the camera button pressed. If you did it well you will be back in bootloader mode and you see the tri-color screen. The best technique is to press and hold the camera button first and then shortly press the reset button with the stylus.
8a. right-click activeync icon and uncheck "Allow USB connections" from Connection Settings
8b. On your PC go into the "step2" directory and run "kaiser-simunlocker.exe". If all went well you will see the unlockcode on your monitor and your Kaiser is being restarted automatically.
8c. right-click activeync icon and check "Allow USB connections" from Connection Settings
You should see this:
Note: If you skipped step 6 then you should now also skip step 9. and continue with step 9x
=== Kaiser Sim Unlocker (c)2008 by jockyw2001
=== Donations happily accepted, paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Unlockcode = 12345678
 Done, enter the unlockcode
 And then flash your original radio
Press Enter to exit
9. Once Windows Mobile has booted up it will again show the "Simlock" window. When prompted (usually immediately after you have entered the usual 4-digit SIM PIN), enter the the 8-digit unlockcode and your phone is permanently SIM unlocked
Now proceed to step 10.
9x. (Only if you skipped steps 6. and 9.): Run \windows\simlock.exe on your Kaiser and enter the 8-digit unlockcode when you are prompted.
In order to see simlock.exe you have to open file explorer then click menu > and show all files. If you can still not find simlock.exe copy the attached one to the phone's "My Documents" directory and run it from there.
10. Download the original radio from here
to the "step3" directory on your PC and flash it with KaiserCustomRUU.exe
That's all folks
Now you can look forward to some other great tools which I will release soon: "Kaiser SuperCID" and "Kaiser Radio Dumper"
Enjoy and ... donate to keep R&D going! Thx!
* Tom Codon and unkown for testing
* des, pof and olipro for SSPL and HardSPL
* arc and all the other great minds at XDA devs
* viperbjk, adfree and all other QC hackers at Modopo
* PURESKILLZZZ for supplemental instructions here
Jan 19th 2008