Check this out!
Now someone should test it!
See this post for info about dumping NV items.
or read on for a short manual:
0. search and download QPST (this is a qualcomm product suite, i believe someone put a link in this thread)
1. install HardSPL (see sticky)
2. download drivers on your PC (installation will be triggered after step 5.)
3. uncheck "Allow USB connections" in Activesync
4. restart phone in tri-color bootloader mode and start MTTY 1.42 (attached)
5. press return until you see Cmd> prompt and type: rtask c (if you never installed the diagnostics drivers before the installation of three drivers will be triggered (modem, diag com port diag and nmea com port)
6. now exit MTTY and start "QPST RF NV Item Manager" and select Read from Phone from the File menu
7. search item 0148 [NV_RF_CONFIG_I] on a production model is 11 (hexadecimal 0xb) and on a pre-production model it is 17 (hexadecimal 0x11)
8. if you have a production model change the value to 17 and click the button "NV Write". To veryfy if the value is sticky Read from Phone again
These are the steps. Unfortunately on a production model the value 17 is not written and stays 11. This is due to some kind of security mechanism and I'm quite sure this can and will be h*cked soon.
On a pre-production Wings and also on production Kaisers the value can be modified.