Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,114 Members 38,310 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Using a MAC

Tip us?

tgantt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Using a MAC

How do I run OS, and rom loaders on a MAC. I would like to load a rom that fixes the wifi problem with my Verizon XV6800. Please can someone help. Thanks

efexor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You don't.

Unless your Macintosh has an intel processor and has some sort of Windows emulation (bootcamp parallels, wine, etc.), you can't. There isn't a way to do this straight from OS X.

Syncing your PDA with Mac is easy with the help of The Missing Sync or PocketMAC but updating your firmware, you'll have to use the next best PC in your area.

Good luck
Ringtones made on a Mac always sound better
http://www.box.net/shared/d0o4ycv40o

tgantt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Windows XP

Can anyone send me windows XP so I can duel boot and flash my XV6800 rom? I have parallels but no windows. Thanks

blazingwolf
Old
Thanks Meter 401

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgantt View Post
Can anyone send me windows XP so I can duel boot and flash my XV6800 rom? I have parallels but no windows. Thanks
No. That's asking for wares which is against forum policy. You can download a trial from Microsoft and use it that way.

allanak
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Be careful when running ROM upgrade tools within a VM on a mac. I got stuck in bootloader and the VM wouldn't see my phone at all. I had to find a PC in my closet to break it out :P I can only say this is true with Parallels though - VMWare may work better in this case but I've got no way of knowing.

vetvito
Old
Thanks Meter 179
try flashing from your microSD card

anthonyandrews
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanak View Post
Be careful when running ROM upgrade tools within a VM on a mac. I got stuck in bootloader and the VM wouldn't see my phone at all. I had to find a PC in my closet to break it out :P I can only say this is true with Parallels though - VMWare may work better in this case but I've got no way of knowing.
I had the same trouble.....funny my old treo could be flashed in a Parallels VM with no problem, and ESN repairs on sanyos also work in it.

I noticed that if you keeep the mouse moving, it will be more likely to complete the flash....however that makes no sense!

tgantt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks

Thanks for the replys. Sorry for asking for wares.