Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 49,960 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The file "xx" cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate...

Tip us?

t0mmyr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 159
Default The file "xx" cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate...

I keep getting this error whenever I try to open a couple applications, like Navizon, HTC Home Customizer, MS Live Search, and a lot more (but googlemaps and a few work just fine). Anyways I flashed to a DCD 3.0.1 rom I cooked... I added a few apps from the titan kitchen by copying the OEM folders into the DCD OEM folder and it all went pretty fine....

has anyone ever encountered these errors? I think I'm gonna have to cook a clean rom with just the basics and have to install everything one by one again unless someone knows what to do..

nickles96
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I had the exact same problem.

you didn't include the .NET framework in your build.
re-cook with that option selected, and those apps will work.

t0mmyr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickles96 View Post
I had the exact same problem.

you didn't include the .NET framework in your build.
re-cook with that option selected, and those apps will work.
im using dcd 3.0.1 kitchen, i dont even see it listed as an option and i thought it was already built in anyway

weedahoe
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Did this ever get resolved? I am having the same issue with Garmin and I know I have .net installed

rhannahs19
Old
Thanks Meter 0
if you are installing to a memory card, try installing to main memory... that worked for me with MusicID

Labman
Old
(Last edited by Labman; 14th February 2009 at 01:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bump having this issue helpplease

trying to install or try some different Radio cabs I keep getting this error few other programs as well fairly new so I am pretty confused. oh this is is on My Kaiser Tilt though was hoping not to have to start a whole new thread.

gsharda
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default getting the same error message

i keep getting the following error message

"The file 'xx' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

every time i do a soft reset all my installed programs get like this, and i have to reinstall them for them to work. This only happens to the applications i've installed on my own, not the ones that come with the phone.

if there is anyone out there who has a solution, please let me know.

prasy_bgm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default File Explorer error on MDA Vario 2

Hello ppl

i uninstalled a game & a worldmate live program from my windows mobile in the morning.. from the very next moment i'm unable to browse through my file explorer

i click
start>file explorer

i get the following error

"The file 'Start' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file"

help pls..... on this issue..

regards

Prasad

alexdil
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default SOLUTION!!!

Most of the cases this is not a CERTIFICATE problem-
if you go to your file explorer and look for the PROGRAM FILES directory you will be surprise -
actually this happens when you install cabs on the storage card - those apps write temp files all the time - so when you take out your SD card - those apps continue writing this temp files -

in the bottom line = go to your device and rename the FOLDER storage card to storage old -
now you will see the icon for your SD CARD next to the name STORAGE CARD 2-
the last thing is to remove the SD CARD an re insert it again - now you will see that it return to its original name (STORAGE CARD) .

enjoy

claustrox
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you mate, same problem here solved with your help