Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

Mugen Power 1800mAh

OP origins81

8th February 2008, 07:21 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik

Have had it for about a month now. The thing really does perform. I use my phone all day long and rarely go below 70% it's great.

Now, if only Seidio would make the rubberized case for the extended battery things would be better.

how much depth/thickness does that battery add? will it still fit in the stock leather holster?
8th February 2008, 04:50 PM   |  #12  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 70

1,378 posts
More
It added a lot of thickness to the phone exact number I'd check the Seidio site, and no, it won't fit the stock case any more
12th February 2008, 11:29 PM   |  #13  

11 posts
i bought a mugen extended (fat) battery for the htc tytn ii a few weeks ago and it's performance is a bit strange. while it does add plenty of power to the device, battery drains at normal rate until 14%. then it stays at 14% for a long time before it starts to go down.

so while the battery is useful, the device won't accurately display the remaining battery life. is this the case with this 1800mah mogul bat?
13th February 2008, 02:18 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

165 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by myenhdl

i bought a mugen extended (fat) battery for the htc tytn ii a few weeks ago and it's performance is a bit strange. while it does add plenty of power to the device, battery drains at normal rate until 14%. then it stays at 14% for a long time before it starts to go down.

so while the battery is useful, the device won't accurately display the remaining battery life. is this the case with this 1800mah mogul bat?

Its actually quite accurate, it doesn't hang like my oem battery. I thought it was somewhat the same after the first time when it hung around 10% for more than an hour or so, then it dropped to 5%. I think when the power is that low, it drops in multiples of 5... just a thought.
Will confirm/disprove when my battery is low, come to think of it I've never seen my original battery at 8% either
19th February 2008, 12:55 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 30

258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by origins81

*PRELIMINARY RESULTS*
Having spent a full 36 hrs with the battery...the results are encouraging to say the least. Do keep in mind that for Li-on cells to be fully functional, they need to go thru at least 3-5 full discharge-charge cycles and this is only the 1st cycle.

That's not Li-Ion that's for the old Nickel_MH or cadium batteries

you should never completely discharge Li-ion battery as that will damage them a bit. In fact there's people arguing you should keep your Li-ion battery as high a charge as often as possible.
25th February 2008, 11:38 PM   |  #16  

3 posts
Defective battery? Mogul LED blinking Red with Mugen 1800mAh
I ordered the Mugen HLI-6800SL 1800mAh standard-sized battery from www.lionbattery.com last week and got it this past Saturday. I put it in my Mogul and proceeded to charge it as per the directions (i.e. in the phone, not on a cradle, with the OEM AC adaptor). After 12 hours, I tried powering up the phone but nothing happens. Furthermore, once I tried plugging in the AC adapter into the Mogul with the battery installed, I get a blinking red LED light.

I emailed lionbattery.com about a replacement. Is this anything I can fix?

Thanks!
26th February 2008, 01:40 AM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

165 posts
More
symptoms of a discharged battery or a battery about to discharge (end of life cycle). Best action plan at this point is to return it, here's hoping you kept the original receipt, keep me posted how it goes...

So far haven't had any problems, still outperforming my original battery. Will be back to finish my review of the battery in the next 2-3 days
26th February 2008, 05:50 PM   |  #18  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 70

1,378 posts
More
What I'd like to know is who makes hard cases for these? I have a mogul and no one makes a hard case for the sliding keyboard to be functional as well. What i mean is for an extended battery for the mogul and a hard case like the seidio one (thanks seidio for dropping the ball completely on this one).
Last edited by sanjsrik; 26th February 2008 at 05:51 PM. Reason: clarification
4th March 2008, 03:30 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 13

228 posts
More
I bought that 1800MaH battery today. Also bought this: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Black-Alumin...742.m153.l1262

I had a case like that for my Axim, it was awesome. I really dont care that you cant use the touchscreen or keyboard without opening it, I need something rugged and with a high enough ridge buttons dont get pressed. Poor phone rides around in the center console of a Jeep all day long.

I'll post pictures and a little review once I get the items. I also have a good 2400 Mah battery and door I recently got, if anyone wants it I'll ship it in the US for $20. It's 4mm too thick, comes with back door.
19th March 2008, 01:09 PM   |  #20  
Flag Elk Valley, BC

14 posts
Still impressed? The battery is currently out of stock at LionBattery.com

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread