5,598,820 Members 32,251 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint Touch Just $100 for New / Upgrade qualifying customers at Radioshack

Tip us?

sheetalc
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sprint Touch Just $100 for New / Upgrade qualifying customers at Radioshack

Just got my Sprint Touch for $200 (and there is a $100 Mail In rebate). Was eligible for the $150 discount as I did not get a new handset in two years! Makes it $100 after rebate!!

Not sure where to post this great deal and hence posted it here. Mods pls feel free to move this.

dharvey4651
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 561

DONATE TO ME
My friend I was thinking about posting that because I'm a manager at a Radioshack in Kansas but I kinda figured that most everyone in this SubForum already have a vogue. lol

<a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA&hd=1 target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA&hd=1</a>
Howdy new members ^^^ Click my banner

sheetalc
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I know But I know I visited this forum even before I got my Vogue to get reviews / upgrade possibilities. I targeted these guys and for people who loose their phones in toilets

aikidoka-mks
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for posting this. I gave up checking my local radio shack as they never had one on display. After reading this I went in today and they had it I'll be picking mine up soon with this deal.

sheetalc
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aikidoka-mks View Post
Thanks for posting this. I gave up checking my local radio shack as they never had one on display. After reading this I went in today and they had it I'll be picking mine up soon with this deal.
Score! At least one person benefited!

T1Pimp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetalc View Post
Just got my Sprint Touch for $200 (and there is a $100 Mail In rebate). Was eligible for the $150 discount as I did not get a new handset in two years! Makes it $100 after rebate!!

Not sure where to post this great deal and hence posted it here. Mods pls feel free to move this.
Thanks for this. I just walked into my local radio shack and said "I read on a forum you can get me a touch for $100", the guys said "... um... ya I can do that." This is before he even looked up to see if I was a sprint customer or if I was eligible for a rebate! They didn't have one in stock but i'll be picking it up Wed.

hysonmb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If I hadn't just bought one for $150, I'd have been running to Radio Shack right now! I don't want to go through the hassel of returning the one I just bought to save $50 so I'll just have to subscribe to the fact that I've missed a good deal. I had to trade my 6700 and use my $150 benefit to get it down to $150.

aikidoka-mks
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I got my touch

Tweaked it a bit already.

Touchpal SIP
Google maps
resco explorer/registry editor (trial)
spb finance
Opera mobile (trial - might wait for 9.5 before I purchase)
Pocket CM
spb backup

I changed the pressure threshold and touchflo settings per this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=360564

I did notice problems at the screen corners with buttons. They didnt respond well no matter how I pressed. Turns out the screen alignment could have been more precise, so I just reset it myself and all is fine.

It took me a few days to get activesync to work. The problem was microsoft money 2004 for pocket pc. Once I took that off and used spb finance it was fine.

I'm loving the touch. It makes my once beautiful palm m515 design look incredibly dated.

So again, thanks for mentioning this deal, I finally have replaced my cell phone and pda with one device

T1Pimp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I got mine. Yes, RadioShack will do it for $100. Note that it's AFTER two rebates (but hey I can live with that). The rebates take 10-14 weeks.

Logs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wow, I should have done some price matching before jumping for the purchase.

I just picked up a Touch last week from my local sprint store for $500 - $150 (upgrade discount) - $100 rebate = $250 AR

With the 30 day guarantee, could I return it and go to Radio Shack? In returning it, would they restore my upgrade discount eligibility that I used to buy it?

Am I hosed or can I still make this work?