Here is "How to fix SnapVue...."

7th February 2008, 04:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 0

135 posts
More
Probably will work for you as well,

(Using MW6.1 19174 build DarkForce (Thank you mwang for posting this <a href="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=365335" class="postlink">ROM</a>))

If you still remember, the first time we used WM 6.0, the old PIM (from WM 5) cannot be used in the new version, we have to sync the contacts (not thru back-up) to be able to use our UNI. Same thing in this new version (I supposed), you have to manually enter the appointments in the calendar on-by-one.

This is what I did...
1st: From my Back-up (I used PIMBackup (thanks to the creator)) I restore only the contacts.
Check if the SnapVue problem is there (lucky for me SnapVue is still working properly).

2nd: I restore my Task, Hmmmm, SnapVue is hannging Hmmmm... I then checked my tasks, a lot of duplicates is there. Every time I remove the duplicates (one-by-one) the performance is getting better and better until it returns to normal performance.

3rd: I didn't restore my appointment (Calendar Entry), I enter my appointments one-by-one to avoid duplicates (B-Day, Aniv, Holidays etc.).

4th: Restore messages, Speed Dial, Call Logs

For 2 days of observation, no SoftReset, no hannging, Phone Functionality is perfect, all HWButtons are working...

Though no Video Call as expected, this ROM is perfect....

P.S. The Wi-Fi toggle (On/Off) beside the signal is now working.

Next action will be to Backup everything then Restore after HardReset... (maybe later)
Last edited by rmercado; 7th February 2008 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Change Title
7th February 2008, 11:03 PM   |  #2  

54 posts
WiFi ON/OFF
Excellent Rom
I love the speed and the stability, but i have not been able to use the wifi on off, I click it but nothing happens, any sugestions, I have reinstalled the rom if that would have been an sugestion, so any help would be kool.
O2 XDA EXEC
Storage: 4GB
7th February 2008, 11:48 PM   |  #3  
Flag Preshevė
Thanks Meter: 3

155 posts
More
Where can I get the cab or instalation of snapvue???
8th February 2008, 03:19 AM   |  #4  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 54

1,206 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rilazi

Where can I get the cab or instalation of snapvue???

Not cab exactly.....but here you go!

http://rapidshare.com/files/90044713/SnapVUE.rar.html
8th February 2008, 05:45 AM   |  #5  
Flag Manila

169 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmercado

.......... 3rd: I didn't restore my appointment (Calendar Entry), I enter my appointments one-by-one to avoid duplicates (B-Day, Aniv, Holidays etc.)

Hi 'kabayan',
I'm curious if the 4-5 sec system pauses is really gone after the manual entry of appointments. In my case, after 10 manual appointment/recurring event entries the device starts pausing for 4 to 5 secs once again. Pls. see my post here. I'm currently running with SnapVUE active but with less than 10 appointment entries only! Please confirm that the pause/delay is really gone after manual entry.

I would agree that the ROM is rock solid - stable although some minor problem with activating WiFi & connecting to WPA-PSK setup. Mail setup via SnapVUE is also working alright here contrary to what others are experiencing!
8th February 2008, 08:27 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Riyadh

135 posts
More
Hi Kabayan...
Ganon....

My appointments are more than that cause I am using CallCalendar. All call transactions are recorded in my calendar. My friends, relative's (even biyanan's) birthday are recorded in my Calendar.

I restored all my important messages since last year.

Try mo to...

restore only Contacts, Messages call logs (if any), speed dials (if any). You can restore tasks as well but make sure you don't have duplicate entry. (i am using pim backup)

Try to enter the appointments one-by-one.

I assume that the old appointment's structure is slightly different in the new version which is causing hang-ups.

all the above assumptions are based on what I did in my device.

I assure you as well that the wi-fi toggle (on/off) is working in my device but i'm no wi-fi expert I dont know if I am using WPA-PSK or whatever.

I tick my Turn on Wi-Fi toggle to ON then device will scan, then ask me if I want to connect, if I click connect then WEP Key will be asked. Paste it then connect.

If i want to close, tick the toggle, click Turn off Wi-Fi... thats it..

I didn't install any tweaks, I only installed psShutXP, TCPMP & TCPMP Plugins
9th February 2008, 03:06 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Developer
Flag New York,USA
Thanks Meter: 536

770 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmercado

Probably will work for you as well,

(Using MW6.1 19174 build DarkForce (Thank you mwang for posting this <a href="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=365335" class="postlink">ROM</a>))

If you still remember, the first time we used WM 6.0, the old PIM (from WM 5) cannot be used in the new version, we have to sync the contacts (not thru back-up) to be able to use our UNI. Same thing in this new version (I supposed), you have to manually enter the appointments in the calendar on-by-one.

This is what I did...
1st: From my Back-up (I used PIMBackup (thanks to the creator)) I restore only the contacts.
Check if the SnapVue problem is there (lucky for me SnapVue is still working properly).

2nd: I restore my Task, Hmmmm, SnapVue is hannging Hmmmm... I then checked my tasks, a lot of duplicates is there. Every time I remove the duplicates (one-by-one) the performance is getting better and better until it returns to normal performance.

3rd: I didn't restore my appointment (Calendar Entry), I enter my appointments one-by-one to avoid duplicates (B-Day, Aniv, Holidays etc.).

4th: Restore messages, Speed Dial, Call Logs

For 2 days of observation, no SoftReset, no hannging, Phone Functionality is perfect, all HWButtons are working...

Though no Video Call as expected, this ROM is perfect....

P.S. The Wi-Fi toggle (On/Off) beside the signal is now working.

Next action will be to Backup everything then Restore after HardReset... (maybe later)

Thanks rmercado your trip , I am working with new version which will be new OEM and without SnapVue , as I said before SnapVue just beta and very buggy,but someone said like it in here that's why we made it,
9th February 2008, 04:48 AM   |  #8  
Flag Manila

169 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwang

Thanks rmercado your trip , I am working with new version which will be new OEM and without SnapVue , as I said before SnapVue just beta and very buggy,but someone said like it in here that's why we made it,

Hi mwang,

Thanks for the latest & wonderful WM6.1 ROM!

SnapVUE is alright for some of us like rmercado & dreamtheater39. We have gotten away with the pause by our own means. I hope you can provide a separate build for us, SnapVUE lovers! A flash disk would be great too!
9th February 2008, 05:33 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Developer
Flag New York,USA
Thanks Meter: 536

770 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch-22

Hi mwang,

Thanks for the latest & wonderful WM6.1 ROM!

SnapVUE is alright for some of us like rmercado & dreamtheater39. We have gotten away with the pause by our own means. I hope you can provide a separate build for us, SnapVUE lovers! A flash disk would be great too!

YOU GOT THAT BUT IF YOU SEE NEW ROM THAN YOU WILL FORGET SNAPVUE
9th February 2008, 06:12 AM   |  #10  
Flag Manila

169 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwang

YOU GOT THAT BUT IF YOU SEE NEW ROM THAN YOU WILL FORGET SNAPVUE

Come on, a new WM6.1 ROM with a better today plugin than SnapVue?

SnapVue is good already & you have something better? Great!
Well, I always have high regards for DFT ROM's specially the last WM6.1 build. If you are releasing something that soon, I guess you really have something GREAT!

Looking forward to that, at the moment enjoying SnapVue & this crash-less WM6.1 build of yours!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread