Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,354 Members 43,868 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A request to our great Chefs!

Tip us?

IronManDS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default A request to our great Chefs!

First off: Thanks to all the chefs who frequent these forums and help us all get more out of our expensive toys than either the manufacturer or the carrier ever wanted us to. Additional thanks to those same chefs who provide the type of support that should make all large companies ashamed of themselves.

Secondly: I have two favorite ROMs - Dutty's DTv3 and Schaps' new 4.40. As both Dutty and Schaps are Kaiser-less and unable to fully delve into the issues which arise with their ROMs, neither are able to provide that support that we've all come to know and appreciate from them.

The Request: I would ask that one of our talented chefs here provide us with a version of a ROM which would be the natural love child of Dutty's DTv3 and Schaps' 6.1-based 4.40. Schaps always has the best look (icons and comm-manager) and programs, while Dutty always has the best utilities, games, and performance.

Imagine Schaps' 4.40 with fixed BT and Dutty's utilities, etc.! That's a FANTASTIC ROM just waiting to happen!

Thanks for your time.

J

AllTheWay
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManDS View Post
First off: Thanks to all the chefs who frequent these forums and help us all get more out of our expensive toys than either the manufacturer or the carrier ever wanted us to. Additional thanks to those same chefs who provide the type of support that should make all large companies ashamed of themselves.

Secondly: I have two favorite ROMs - Dutty's DTv3 and Schaps' new 4.40. As both Dutty and Schaps are Kaiser-less and unable to fully delve into the issues which arise with their ROMs, neither are able to provide that support that we've all come to know and appreciate from them.

The Request: I would ask that one of our talented chefs here provide us with a version of a ROM which would be the natural love child of Dutty's DTv3 and Schaps' 6.1-based 4.40. Schaps always has the best look (icons and comm-manager) and programs, while Dutty always has the best utilities, games, and performance.

Imagine Schaps' 4.40 with fixed BT and Dutty's utilities, etc.! That's a FANTASTIC ROM just waiting to happen!

Thanks for your time.

J
Patience is a virtue
Current Devices

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | LG G2 | Nokia Lumia 1520
Samsung Galaxy Note II | Nokia Lumia 920
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 | ASUS Vivo RT LTE
Samsung Galaxy Nexus

What is XDA-DEVS
RULES: Please read this before posting

IronManDS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Yeah, so my wife tells me. I told her I went to law school, not med school. Therefore, I don't need any stinkin' patients

J

P1Tater
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by alltheway View Post
Patience is a virtue
dont listen to him. he dont know what he's talking about!

just kidding

IronManDS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1Tater View Post
dont listen to him. he dont know what he's talking about!

just kidding
I'm tellin' him you said that!

J

lusta1988
Old
(Last edited by lusta1988; 8th February 2008 at 08:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default patience is good when u can estimate time

Anyway, if we would just know when can we expect dutty to release his newest rom, then we would know just how much patience we need!!

lusta1988
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It would be nice if beta testers leaked some status info about that. ;
Rocking a Brown S3 and loving it!

MasterOfDesasters
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lusta1988 View Post
It would be nice if beta testers leaked some status info about that. ;
what I can tell so far is, that dutty achieved a lot so far with 6.1 even without having a working kaiser himself. there are some open issues, but you can expect a release in february *grin*