Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flash without hardspl

Tip us?

rkrasny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Flash without hardspl

I have an unusual problem with my oem att tilt running SPL-1.56.0000 (according to the bootloader screen).

The ROM is somehow corrupted in that it will not boot past the giant ATT logo and coordinates (?) screen. I have been having some trouble with the device, but this is a new occurrence not related to anything I did. I have never reflashed the ROM, and because it is in a current hosed state I cannot run hardspl on the device.

I have tried reloading many of the "ATT OEM" ROMs I can find, but they all return "Invalid ID" error the ROM uploader I believe because the versions don't match.

Is there any way to reflash the ROM and bootloader on the device without having first run hardspl? Am I SOL?

Thanks

RK

Sleuth255
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 39
Did you try going to tri-color first then flashing a stock tilt rom?

ROM: rooted/deodexed 4.1.1 (JRO03O)
Kernel: Franco Dailies: r295
Baseband: FF02/FG02
Follow my Ramblings: blog.kwilcox.org

alewa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Dude, I have the same problem...
I bought the tilt 2 weeks when I was in a business travel in the US and came back to Argentina... I'm kind of screwed about the warranty 'cause I don't think I'll go again so soon to the US...
Is there anybody who can help us with this?
The very diference is that (At the ATT start up Logo screen) the bottom line says D 1.57.00.00 instead of D 1.56.00.00.
Tried everything... soft reset, hard reset... and so on...
The thing is that at some point I think I can get to the phone in some way since if I turn on the phone keeping pressed the camera button and enter in the rom loader screen I can get comm to the phone using mtty (As pof explained to do for "Un-brick" the phone (In the case you got a bad flashing) in this thread...
So, please If anybody have any idea it would be great!
I still have a little hope, because it's like there is some kind of communication between the phone and the computer...

Thanks in advance to any help.
A.

sirsycho
Old
Thanks Meter 0
both of you...

Check my sticky thread for reverting back to the stock tilt ROM and SPL...

all you really need from there is the Stock ATT ROM... download it!

Put your phone in Bootloader (shouldn't be too difficult by the sounds of it)
Install the stock ATT ROM.

If this doesn't work try extracting the downloaded ROM (using WinRAR or similar) then just run the ROMUpdateUtility.exe

Then you might want to consider installing HardSPL... the default download should work for the 1.56 guy. The 1.57 guy will need to download jwocky2001's whitescreen fix (check the stickies).

Good Luck!

rkrasny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
I am at the tricolor screen and I have tried the instructions on your thread (thanks very much for making it so easy). However, it says invalid vendor ID after loading 1%; the device automatically reboots and reverts back to the ATT screen until I place it back into the tricolor bootloader again. I thought this was because the version I'm running is 1.56 and I could only find two original OEM ATT ROMs, neither was 1.56 and both failed.

BTW I couldn't do the part about hardspl and running the kaiser program on the device for obvious reasons, but I could get the kaiserruu program to recognize the device, another ROM and attempt to upload it.

Any other thoughts? Do I really need the exact same ATT OEM ROM as what is on the device or is something else wrong?

Thanks again

RK