Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,463 Members 39,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can I make the phone buttons full screen?

Tip us?

brrymnvette
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can I make the phone buttons full screen?

Sick of fat fingering the buttons when trying to dial a number. Is there a fix out there to make the buttons full screen so I don't f it up and take forever to slowly dial a number? I've looked and haven't found anything for the Kaiser.

Thanks.

beyanqua
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I agree with you on this too. I've got the retouched dialer but I find that the height of the buttons is still a little too small.

brrymnvette
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyanqua View Post
I agree with you on this too. I've got the retouched dialer but I find that the height of the buttons is still a little too small.
Yeah, I've seen the screen shots of it, and it still looks a little to small for my fingers.

NotATreoFan
Old
Moderator Committee Developer Committee
Thanks Meter 4,611
As far as I know, you cannot just skin the dialer to get bigger buttons. You actually need to install an updated dialer. I use the iPhone dialer in combination with turning up the screen sensitivity to avoid most fat-finger incidents.

Contact the Moderator Committee with any questions or concerns regarding forum moderation.

Please MENTION me if you require semi-prompt assistance. I may not see posts for several hours.

Twitter | Portal | Forum Moderator List

brrymnvette
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Is the iPhone dialer just the dialer? I don't want the rest of the fake iphone crap, just the dialer.

NotATreoFan
Old
(Last edited by NotATreoFan; 11th February 2008 at 06:54 PM.) Reason: Added more info
Moderator Committee Developer Committee
Thanks Meter 4,611
Yes it is just a dialer, written by Nargalzius. For the life of me I cannot find the link to it on XDA, so I uploaded it to my Box.net public share. Just click the Kaiser link in my signature, its named iPhone Dialer.

-Also-

If you want to increase the sensitivity of the touch screen, I recommend setting the registry key (HKLM\Drivers\TouchPanel\Pressure Threshold) to 5000. It may seem a little high, but the response time is practically instant, and very little pressure required (still enough to avoid accidental presses).

Contact the Moderator Committee with any questions or concerns regarding forum moderation.

Please MENTION me if you require semi-prompt assistance. I may not see posts for several hours.

Twitter | Portal | Forum Moderator List

alexn2
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrymnvette View Post
Sick of fat fingering the buttons when trying to dial a number. Is there a fix out there to make the buttons full screen so I don't f it up and take forever to slowly dial a number? I've looked and haven't found anything for the Kaiser.

Thanks.
Resco keyboard solves your problem http://resco.net/pocketpc/keyboard/default.asp
HTC HD2
NRGZ ROMS - always the latest, buggy or not. There's always a workaround
Radio: 2.12.50.02_2
SD: 32GB

First 1000 to get every Pocket PC phone since the E-Ten Series
waiting on what's next (holla)......... but won't migrate to W7P

brrymnvette
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotATreoFan View Post
Yes it is just a dialer, written by Nargalzius. For the life of me I cannot find the link to it on XDA, so I uploaded it to my Box.net public share. Just click the Kaiser link in my signature, its named iPhone Dialer.

-Also-

If you want to increase the sensitivity of the touch screen, I recommend setting the registry key (HKLM\Drivers\TouchPanel\Pressure Threshold) to 5000. It may seem a little high, but the response time is practically instant, and very little pressure required (still enough to avoid accidental presses).
Got it, thanks man. I'll try it out. Hopefully it's what I'm wanting. Much appreciated.

decimusmaximus7
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotATreoFan View Post

-Also-

Does smart dialing with with this dialer?
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
[ROM] Sky Ice Cream Sandwich 7.4 Speed
[KERNEL] Stock-ish 0.3
[Radio] I727UCLA3

sherpa
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrymnvette View Post

Thanks.
You may want to give this a try! Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=367423