Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Can I make the phone buttons full screen?

OP brrymnvette

11th February 2008, 06:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag St Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
More
Sick of fat fingering the buttons when trying to dial a number. Is there a fix out there to make the buttons full screen so I don't f it up and take forever to slowly dial a number? I've looked and haven't found anything for the Kaiser.

Thanks.
11th February 2008, 07:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
I agree with you on this too. I've got the retouched dialer but I find that the height of the buttons is still a little too small.
11th February 2008, 07:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag St Louis, MO

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyanqua

I agree with you on this too. I've got the retouched dialer but I find that the height of the buttons is still a little too small.

Yeah, I've seen the screen shots of it, and it still looks a little to small for my fingers.
11th February 2008, 07:39 PM   |  #4  
Moderator Committee Developer Committee
Flag Eastern Seaboard
Thanks Meter: 4,768

14,790 posts
More
As far as I know, you cannot just skin the dialer to get bigger buttons. You actually need to install an updated dialer. I use the iPhone dialer in combination with turning up the screen sensitivity to avoid most fat-finger incidents.
11th February 2008, 07:39 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag St Louis, MO

28 posts
More
Is the iPhone dialer just the dialer? I don't want the rest of the fake iphone crap, just the dialer.
11th February 2008, 07:51 PM   |  #6  
Moderator Committee Developer Committee
Flag Eastern Seaboard
Thanks Meter: 4,768

14,790 posts
More
Yes it is just a dialer, written by Nargalzius. For the life of me I cannot find the link to it on XDA, so I uploaded it to my Box.net public share. Just click the Kaiser link in my signature, its named iPhone Dialer.

-Also-

If you want to increase the sensitivity of the touch screen, I recommend setting the registry key (HKLM\Drivers\TouchPanel\Pressure Threshold) to 5000. It may seem a little high, but the response time is practically instant, and very little pressure required (still enough to avoid accidental presses).
Last edited by NotATreoFan; 11th February 2008 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Added more info
11th February 2008, 07:58 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrymnvette

Sick of fat fingering the buttons when trying to dial a number. Is there a fix out there to make the buttons full screen so I don't f it up and take forever to slowly dial a number? I've looked and haven't found anything for the Kaiser.

Thanks.

Resco keyboard solves your problem http://resco.net/pocketpc/keyboard/default.asp
11th February 2008, 08:02 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag St Louis, MO

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotATreoFan

Yes it is just a dialer, written by Nargalzius. For the life of me I cannot find the link to it on XDA, so I uploaded it to my Box.net public share. Just click the Kaiser link in my signature, its named iPhone Dialer.

-Also-

If you want to increase the sensitivity of the touch screen, I recommend setting the registry key (HKLM\Drivers\TouchPanel\Pressure Threshold) to 5000. It may seem a little high, but the response time is practically instant, and very little pressure required (still enough to avoid accidental presses).

Got it, thanks man. I'll try it out. Hopefully it's what I'm wanting. Much appreciated.
11th February 2008, 08:19 PM   |  #9  
Flag Madison, MS
Thanks Meter: 5

383 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotATreoFan

-Also-

Does smart dialing with with this dialer?
11th February 2008, 08:53 PM   |  #10  
USA
Thanks Meter: 12

636 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrymnvette

Thanks.

You may want to give this a try! Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=367423

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread