Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,251 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Uninstalling bundled applications

Tip us?

JoeWilcox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Uninstalling bundled applications

I'm using a custom ROM (Schap's) but there are some bundled applications that I don't want and are either adding functionality I dislike (like Long Press XXX key) or taking up space. I'd like to remove them but I can't seem to figure out how. Is there a way to do it on device or do I have to start digging in to how the kitchens work and make my own ROM?

Mikulec
Old
Thanks Meter 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWilcox View Post
I'm using a custom ROM (Schap's) but there are some bundled applications that I don't want and are either adding functionality I dislike (like Long Press XXX key) or taking up space. I'd like to remove them but I can't seem to figure out how. Is there a way to do it on device or do I have to start digging in to how the kitchens work and make my own ROM?
This is my second answer on the same question in one day (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=368409).

Anyway, It is not possible to delete or remove app or software that is in the rom. Your best bet is to cook your own rom.

Guilf
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Either cook your own or try a super clean ROM and just add those applications you desire. Alex does good lite ROM work. I have also used Dutty's V2 (medium), which I like alot. Another good one is Q-mobile. All of these allow you to do a lot of customization because they pretty much stick with the basics (although each provides great customization).

As for cooking, I'd spend some serious time getting used to a number of different ROMs and truly figuring out what you like and don't like. It's not ridiculously hard, but it's not for a total newbie either - just not sure of your back ground. Check out Alex's kitchen and his wiki. Makes it as easy as it can be made.

JoeWilcox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for the quick responses. I'm sure I've got the tech background to cook a rom it's just a time issue. I was hoping for an easy way

I'll guess the best would be to start with say Alex's clean Win6.1 rom and start collecting and adding applications.