XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Newbie Questions

Tip us?

termnalvee
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Newbie Questions

1) I installed SMS chat thread v 1.0 which did not work. i think it is designed for touch screens and I have an HTC s730. I used the WM remove programs tool but it left behind several folders which can be seen only on the folders screen for messaging. I lso have no confirmation after send feature. The company, vito technology has not responded. Any ideas?

2)can anyone recommend a GOOD sms app for the HTC S730?

thanks!

strid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How can I make absolutely sure my phone doesn't connect to 3G/EDGE unintentionally? I don't want it to default to this when it can't connect to a specific WiFi-signal, since my calling plan has terrible rates for data transfers.

umchriswho
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by strid View Post
How can I make absolutely sure my phone doesn't connect to 3G/EDGE unintentionally? I don't want it to default to this when it can't connect to a specific WiFi-signal, since my calling plan has terrible rates for data transfers.
i may have the perfect solution for this....(especially if you're operator is Tmobile)
go to start>settings>connections>connections.
manage existing modem connections.
tap and hold that connection located there and delete it.

now without connecting to a wifi signal, open your browser and type a site (ex. google.com) and if that edge/3g doesn't pop up, SUCCESS!!!

hope it works and good luck.

omadon99
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is there registry hack to force phone to ask user confirmation before connecting using GPRS/EDGE/3G. All normal phones has that...

strid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by umchriswho View Post
i may have the perfect solution for this....(especially if you're operator is Tmobile)
go to start>settings>connections>connections.
manage existing modem connections.
tap and hold that connection located there and delete it.

now without connecting to a wifi signal, open your browser and type a site (ex. google.com) and if that edge/3g doesn't pop up, SUCCESS!!!

hope it works and good luck.
I'm not recognizing the menu choices there, is this for a s730? I did try to change user name and password in GRPS settings under Start>settings>connections>GPRS, but that didn't seem to help either.

What omadon99 suggested about a registry hack would be perfect, since I don't want to permanently disable 3G/EDGE, I just don't want the phone to connect to it and cost me money without confirmation when WiFi doesn't work.