Thread Deleted

Newbie Questions

OP termnalvee

14th February 2008, 10:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
1) I installed SMS chat thread v 1.0 which did not work. i think it is designed for touch screens and I have an HTC s730. I used the WM remove programs tool but it left behind several folders which can be seen only on the folders screen for messaging. I lso have no confirmation after send feature. The company, vito technology has not responded. Any ideas?

2)can anyone recommend a GOOD sms app for the HTC S730?

thanks!
16th February 2008, 01:03 AM   |  #2  

6 posts
How can I make absolutely sure my phone doesn't connect to 3G/EDGE unintentionally? I don't want it to default to this when it can't connect to a specific WiFi-signal, since my calling plan has terrible rates for data transfers.
16th February 2008, 06:03 AM   |  #3  

114 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strid

How can I make absolutely sure my phone doesn't connect to 3G/EDGE unintentionally? I don't want it to default to this when it can't connect to a specific WiFi-signal, since my calling plan has terrible rates for data transfers.

i may have the perfect solution for this....(especially if you're operator is Tmobile)
go to start>settings>connections>connections.
manage existing modem connections.
tap and hold that connection located there and delete it.

now without connecting to a wifi signal, open your browser and type a site (ex. google.com) and if that edge/3g doesn't pop up, SUCCESS!!!

hope it works and good luck.
16th February 2008, 08:21 PM   |  #4  

17 posts
Is there registry hack to force phone to ask user confirmation before connecting using GPRS/EDGE/3G. All normal phones has that...
17th February 2008, 10:10 AM   |  #5  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by umchriswho

i may have the perfect solution for this....(especially if you're operator is Tmobile)
go to start>settings>connections>connections.
manage existing modem connections.
tap and hold that connection located there and delete it.

now without connecting to a wifi signal, open your browser and type a site (ex. google.com) and if that edge/3g doesn't pop up, SUCCESS!!!

hope it works and good luck.

I'm not recognizing the menu choices there, is this for a s730? I did try to change user name and password in GRPS settings under Start>settings>connections>GPRS, but that didn't seem to help either.

What omadon99 suggested about a registry hack would be perfect, since I don't want to permanently disable 3G/EDGE, I just don't want the phone to connect to it and cost me money without confirmation when WiFi doesn't work.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread