Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Pocket SportsCenter Expanded

OP sponge_worthy

24th October 2009, 02:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49

308 posts
More
First of all, the credit goes to scottymomo at PPCGeeks. Here is the original thread I found the program at.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=4161

Now I liked the program, but it wasn't enough for me. I wanted more than one score on the screen at a time. I installed SecondToday and Manila Today Page so that I could have more plug-ins on my Fuze. I was wanting to set up one of those dedicated to sports scores. So I dug into Pocket Sports Center to see if it could be done. It could! At least a little. For now I can get it to show 5 scores at once.

For now the game trax/lineups/over view does not work. I've had to disable that for now until I can work around it. But with football season in full swing, I thought some of you would appreciate being able to see multiple scores.

For future updates, I plan to get to the game trax/lineups/over view working again and to increase the number of scores displayed - maybe even make that an input option. I'd also like to select specific NCAA teams.

I'll need to create a new DLL though and I have no experience with that. But I'd like to learn so I can improve this great little app from Scottymomo.

To install I would install Scottymomo's app first then my cab second to modify it. In the future I will create one install cab, but for now do both.

Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot1.Jpeg
Views:	909
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	240041  
Attached Files
File Type: cab PocketSportsCenter_1_8_2.cab - [Click for QR Code] (361.2 KB, 224 views)
File Type: cab Lewis_Pocket_SportsCenter3.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (184.8 KB, 131 views)
5th May 2010, 06:52 AM   |  #2  
Flag East Greenwich, RI
Thanks Meter: 2

876 posts
More
Very cool...

btw, u can use two instances of billboard.dll, which would give u 10 lines. I havent read how u r installing Billboard.dll, but u can name a copy Billboard2.dll, for example.

I am also using Billboard in my StatusTicker app. I am going to include your sport score app in the Ticker (ifn u dont mind). I will include a link to this page.

Here is a Billboard with RSS, i also made SMS fit on Billboard too.

I have also done some things with moving data up and down the billboard. ultimately it could be upgraded to handle arrays of display elements, as well as scrolling up and down more that one or two billboard.dll. that would mean 15 or more lines to scroll with.

(I assume these menus would work on you phone too)
And if anybody wanted to, we can have a popout menu for sportscenter to switch teams and other sub options.

Very very cool.
Last edited by howdykeith; 5th May 2010 at 07:22 AM.
5th May 2010, 08:48 AM   |  #3  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 52

843 posts
More
great stuff.. will try and add a video for it soon

guessing it wouldn't work on WM6.5 and above ...
Last edited by the0ne; 5th May 2010 at 08:51 AM.
5th May 2010, 09:51 AM   |  #4  
Flag East Greenwich, RI
Thanks Meter: 2

876 posts
More
Not sure which u r referring to.

Billboard works with wm653. StatusTicker and SportsCenter use Billboard.exe...

I do see that there is a popup menu. I had to reboot to get the plugin to show..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen12.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	321828  
Last edited by howdykeith; 6th May 2010 at 05:39 AM.
17th May 2010, 07:18 AM   |  #5  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 1,369

1,389 posts
More
Exclamation Will it work with 6.5.5 and Sense 2.5?
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdykeith

Not sure which u r referring to.

Billboard works with wm653. StatusTicker and SportsCenter use Billboard.exe...

I do see that there is a popup menu. I had to reboot to get the plugin to show..

I'm glad to see you have it running. I would like to try running this, but don't wanna take a chance on jacking up my phone. My question is this.

I am running the NRG ROM in my sig below. Will this run on WM 6.5.5? Will it run in Sense 2.5 with Cookie mod? Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by outerdepth; 17th May 2010 at 07:44 AM.
6th October 2010, 04:22 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49

308 posts
More
I didn't know about adding a second Billboard.dll. I might have to look into that. I'm going to try and look into making a co0kie home tab widget for this. I was hoping to export to a file all the scores that were downloaded based on the user selections. Then maybe the widget could read the scores and display all of them and be scrollable.

We'll see. I'm going to research the next couple of days on it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mortscript, plugin, scores, sports, today
Previous Thread Next Thread