Ask a question

No registration required

BlackBerry Connect on Sleuth 3.0

OP gte493i

17th February 2008, 07:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I think I already know the answer to this question, but there isn't anyway blackberry connect can be run on a Sleuth 3.0 rom is there?
17th February 2008, 10:18 PM   |  #2  

13 posts
gte493i,

I tried the HTC 6.1 ROM with BBConnect and it was a no go..... I had to revert back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gte493i

I think I already know the answer to this question, but there isn't anyway blackberry connect can be run on a Sleuth 3.0 rom is there?

17th February 2008, 10:27 PM   |  #3  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 3

1,334 posts
More
Problem with BBC is ... OS Revision!!

If you use a untested revision, your device pin is pending!

Only the original OS work with bbc ... this is why i clean only original roms and mod them!
17th February 2008, 10:46 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
ok... Thanks... I was afraid of that. Maybe as Systems admin and the recent BB outages I can convince them to trial the MS Direct Push to reduce points of failure and possibly save money.
18th February 2008, 12:08 AM   |  #5  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag NSA Black Site Whiskey Tango Foxtrot One Niner
Thanks Meter: 1,349

2,461 posts
Donate to Me
More
BB Connect works fine in Sleuth. You need to alter the following key & it will work 99.9999% garunteed!!!!

1) goto hklm>system>versions and change what ever is there to .0.4.2 (The leading . before the 0 needs to be there)
2) Install bbconnect cab file.
3) If you don't get the check boxes at the end of the install (Calendar, notes, etc). Re-run the install (it will remove the 1st instance), I always get it the second time.
4) Wait for Blackberry to finish "setting up device for first use" and let it reboot.
5) On reboot, status will now show the PIN number.
6) Open the Blackberry connect desktop application. (Make sure you have access to your corporate e-mail) If you do you will see "Configure Wireless Device" as active.
7) Plug in the Tilt and wait for Activsync to finish syncing and says "connected".
8) In the BB Connect desktop application hit the "Configure Wireless"
9) When finished unplug Tilt and soft reset.
10) You should be good to go at this point.
18th February 2008, 01:20 AM   |  #6  
Maryland

174 posts
More
I want to reconfirm GSLEON3's post. So far with every 6 and 6.1 rom that I tried (I tried most of them as you would assume as being a member of the forum), all I do is change the version to .0.4.2 and it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3

BB Connect works fine in Sleuth. You need to alter the following key & it will work 99.9999% garunteed!!!!

1) goto hklm>system>versions and change what ever is there to .0.4.2 (The leading . before the 0 needs to be there)
2) Install bbconnect cab file.
3) If you don't get the check boxes at the end of the install (Calendar, notes, etc). Re-run the install (it will remove the 1st instance), I always get it the second time.
4) Wait for Blackberry to finish "setting up device for first use" and let it reboot.
5) On reboot, status will now show the PIN number.
6) Open the Blackberry connect desktop application. (Make sure you have access to your corporate e-mail) If you do you will see "Configure Wireless Device" as active.
7) Plug in the Tilt and wait for Activsync to finish syncing and says "connected".
8) In the BB Connect desktop application hit the "Configure Wireless"
9) When finished unplug Tilt and soft reset.
10) You should be good to go at this point.

18th February 2008, 01:22 AM   |  #7  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 39

3,543 posts
More
In fact, a link to this process is in the Release Notes section on Page 1 of the support thread for 3.0 Sleuth
18th February 2008, 02:40 PM   |  #8  
Flag Raleigh

3 posts
More
Trouble in connecting
I've been following the process, and have had good results until the last step.

Here's what I've done (device is AT&T tilt):

1. Flashed my ROM with the Windows 6.1 Sleuth ROM - no problems
2. Made the registry change described in this thread.
3. Loaded Blackberry Connect - no problems, have a PIN and the device is registered on the Blackberry network.
4. Loaded Blackberry Desktop version 4.3
5. Have an good Activesync connection (Vista Business OS)
6. The Desktop M
anager says: server status online, active device PIN: (has my number); device connected PIN: None

The device does not show as connected as said by the "device connected PIN: none"

I also don't have a "Configure Wireless" choice that I can find anywhere.

Any ideas?

gary
18th February 2008, 03:37 PM   |  #9  

229 posts
Gary,

Who is your blackberry service provider? I'm assuming it is AT&T. If so you don't need the desktop manager to activate your device. It can and should be done wirelessly. I have used Sleuth v3.0 WM 6.1 with BB Connect on AT&T without any problems after doing the reg hack.

PM me if you would like more assistance.

CP
Last edited by cp1md2b; 18th February 2008 at 03:48 PM.
18th February 2008, 06:48 PM   |  #10  
Flag Raleigh

3 posts
More
My provider is AT&T. I would prefer to use the Blackberry desktop for activation if I could possibly make it work.

It looks as though the BB desktop cannot see the Tilt. I've had this working before with a Blackberry handheld. I've never tried (before now) to make it work with a PPC running BB connect. From everyones mail, it looks as though it should work, but I can't see any USB connection in BB connect.

gary

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread