Retired Recognized Developer
some news - i got two SPL (bootloader) dumps, after examination it turns out they are identical (Shipped 1.30 version)
1) they do not allow hard reset by keycombo
2) they do not allow flashing from SD
3) there is a way to enter bootloader without booting OS, but i don't know yet which key or button has to be pressed.
1) make hardSPL (if you don't know what hard-SPL is then go have a look around this forum outside shift part. but basically it is a modified bootloader version that allows you to flash custom OS'es)
2) hack in hardreset keycombo into hardSPL and SD flash etc.
until hardSPL is done by shift project, the hard cold truth is, don't mess too much with snapvue to make it totally unbootable. BUT of course if we find the key(s) to enter bootloader, and also get mtty working, then you can simply issue a command to bootloader over the virtual USB connection. then you can hard reset. but until that's worked out, just don't mess too much!
and of course, a test device will greatly speed up hardSPL development, but until then some volunteers can help somewhat.
Last edited by cmonex; 15th March 2008 at 02:54 AM.