Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 52,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cooking Guides for the Ultimate Noobs- Screencasts

Tip us?

smuook
Old
Thanks Meter 16
@doctajay

Well played sir, well played.

Nice work.

ekw
Old
Thanks Meter 0
kudos man! this is so helpful

now i can make my own super rom~

grandpareza
Old
Thanks Meter 0
awesome!

I keep pausing the video because I want to move the windows in the screen.

bpcue
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just saying thanks

doctajay
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpareza View Post
awesome!

I keep pausing the video because I want to move the windows in the screen.
Ha! I must admit that I did that a couple of times myself.
Droid DNA

Barreto
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi!
Great work with tohse videos explaining how to cook, Doctajay!!
They are really great and have helped me a lot! I'm just a noob trying to make the ultimate rom
I have a question. When I use alex's rom as my base rom, I get some apps that I don't like, so I thought about starting with a clean rom.. However, as you explained, I need those .raw files to set up my base rom.. If I understood it right, in order to get those .raw from the ROM I want, I''l have to flash my device with that rom, and then dump that ROM.. So, if I don't dump my ROM, I won't get those sys, rom and oem folders I need..
Is that correct?

Regards

Barreto
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well, I found out, that, by usign pof's nbhextract (from here) I can extract the .nb file that I nedd from the .nbh file thar I use to flash the rom.. What about those folders thar I need? How do I get them?

kjb86
Old
Thanks Meter 0
anyone know why this happens.

I follow the video instructions very very carefully, however when I actually flash the ROM its always missing key important things such as my mapped keys for my device, as well as things in the connection settings and device information, etc.

So confusing...

Barreto
Old
(Last edited by Barreto; 27th March 2008 at 02:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Well, I found out, that, by usign pof's nbhextract (from here) I can extract the .nb file that I nedd from the .nbh file that I use to flash the rom.. What about those folders that I need? How do I get them?

Barreto
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
anyone know why this happens.

I follow the video instructions very very carefully, however when I actually flash the ROM its always missing key important things such as my mapped keys for my device, as well as things in the connection settings and device information, etc.

So confusing...
Hi, yeah, i've got the same problem when I flash the official Portuguese ROM (provided here by jcespi2005). But that doesn't happen when I flash other ROMs, wether they are official, cooked by others, or cooked by me.. I thought that was a problem with that specific ROM, but maybe it isn't.. My biggets problem is that I can't connect to the internet in any way: wifi, via carrier (3G or GPRS) or activesync..
Anyone has any clue on this?

Regards