T-Mobile UK reneges warranty claim. Any tactics?

OP tigersim303

27th February 2008, 12:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
Hi all

I've just received my MDA Vario II back from T-Mobile for a warranty repair relating to a fast battery discharge and dead camera. After a 5 week wait I picked it up today only to learn they've refused the repair, alleging that the unit has been "crushed or dropped" I could show you photos but you might as well look at official marketing pics - my handset is pristine (as the original warranty claim form acknowledged) and has never had a serious drop, let alone crush.

On looking at the condition of the handset, the store manager urged me to dispute the decision (Service Centre seems very detached from Retail) and volunteered to act as a witness on my behalf. That is good to know, but I'm wondering what general strategy to take. I'm supposed to call the Service Center tomorrow for an explanation but I'm expecting to hit a blank refusal and dead end.

On a technical note, how do they determine "crush or drop" other than obvious case damage (there is none)? I'm guessing that unlike water damage there is no specific indicator widget.

Any tips for fighting this case gladly received! (I won't let the sods go without a fight!!)

Thanks all!

sim

PS I can live without the camera but the battery problem makes the unit effectively useless - dead by lunchtime.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread