Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Athena 1.57.00.00 Radio upgrade...

OP LTxda

2nd March 2008, 10:31 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Question How?
How can I use this nbh file?
How can I flash into my X7500?
Thanks
3rd March 2008, 12:30 AM   |  #12  
Flag Gainesville, FL
Thanks Meter: 2

150 posts
More
Here Fabrizio:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltxda

Please please please please search and research before posting your questions. There is another thread around here with previous radio versions that has pretty much answered all common questions...also other threads around that most likely have answered the uncommon questions.

3rd March 2008, 05:51 AM   |  #13  
Flag Semarang
Thanks Meter: 1

241 posts
More
OK... here my report:
Yes, better signal receipt...
more 3G signal...
Now i can make call in my 1st floor house.. (I used can't make any call in my 1st floor with 1.45)

I'm happy with it..
Thanks...
3rd March 2008, 09:17 AM   |  #14  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 20

1,144 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've tested here (Italy, TIM) and comparing 1.50 and 1.57:

1) In weak 3G signals it drops and stays to EDGE, reducing the 3G-EDGE swapping
2) More reliable signal level (with old RADIO I had "apparent" weak coverage but "no signal" trying to place a call)
3) Longer battery life (may be related to less 3G swap or to a reduced refresh)
4) Less 3G coverage (in this moment the phone is exactly in the same place were it was during the last 2 weeks, and were I had a weak 3G (but working) data connection. I have only EDGE now. If I put the phone in flight mode and back to normal I have the same, old, weak, 3G signal, one bar, but after 2-5 seconds it drops and stays on EDGE, full bars)

EDITED
5) much better voice communications in areas were weak 3G was locked instead of 1.57 good edge signal lock.
Last edited by sergiopi; 3rd March 2008 at 10:29 AM.
4th March 2008, 05:32 PM   |  #15  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 13

273 posts
More
I followed the Wiki process for flashing the new 1.57 radio rom from my Advantage 7500 mini-SD storage card, but all I get is "installing..." and nothing happens. I then reformatted the SD card to ensure it is FAT32 copied the ATHEIMG.nbh file to it again and tried -- same result. I changed name to RUU_signed.nbh and put it into the folder in place of the Athena 6.1 nbh -- it tried to install, got to the same screen then timed-out.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong with my setup or approach?

Thanks!
4th March 2008, 05:40 PM   |  #16  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 20

1,144 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewilsonpa

I followed the Wiki process for flashing the new 1.57 radio rom from my Advantage 7500 mini-SD storage card, but all I get is "installing..." and nothing happens. I then reformatted the SD card to ensure it is FAT32 copied the ATHEIMG.nbh file to it again and tried -- same result. I changed name to RUU_signed.nbh and put it into the folder in place of the Athena 6.1 nbh -- it tried to install, got to the same screen then timed-out.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong with my setup or approach?

Thanks!

Is your athena SUPERCID? Have you used HARDSPL?
4th March 2008, 06:04 PM   |  #17  
Flag PA

273 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiopi

I think it is -- I recall running HARDSPL many months ago. I'll check it to see for sure.
4th March 2008, 07:47 PM   |  #18  
Flag PA

273 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiopi

Ran Olipros HARDSPL and tried to again install radio rom 1.57 from my SD card but still the same -- screen says "Loading..." but nothing happens.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
4th March 2008, 07:51 PM   |  #19  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 0

65 posts
use small capacity minisd/microsd+adapter card, not SDHC - i guess bootloader doesn't know about different sector sizes...
4th March 2008, 08:54 PM   |  #20  
Flag PA

273 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeer

use small capacity minisd/microsd+adapter card, not SDHC - i guess bootloader doesn't know about different sector sizes...

Thanks -- I have erased/reformatted my SD and the only file on it is the ATHEIMG.nbh -- I've tried the SD card install and installing it from my pc desktop -- same result -- screen says "Loading..." but nothing happens (when using desktop installer it eventually times out and give me error 260). I have a hard time believing the size of the SD card would cause this but I'm willing to get a smaller one and try it if that's the only alternative.

Thanks again.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread