Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 54,468 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Quest for the right radio

Tip us?

dscsayers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Quest for the right radio

First, this forum is wicked. I've gone from knowing jack-squat about my device to... well to knowing jack-squat with hard spl and a new rom. I've been tinkering around and am slowly gaining confidence and knowledge, but there is one thing that eludes me.

I'm trying to figure out which radio is best suited for my HERM200 on Rogers in Halifax. Currently I'm running Pays final 6.0 and radio 1.51. I have been experimenting, but the 3g coverage is so patchy it's tough to tell what is working and what's a fluke. I've tried 1.42 (factory), 1.43, 1.46, 1.47, 1.48, 1.51, 1.54...

Before everyone jumps all over me I have search and found nothing. I was hoping someone would have personal experience and be able to make a good recommendation.

Thanks in advance

d

nanastas
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscsayers View Post
First, this forum is wicked. I've gone from knowing jack-squat about my device to... well to knowing jack-squat with hard spl and a new rom. I've been tinkering around and am slowly gaining confidence and knowledge, but there is one thing that eludes me.

I'm trying to figure out which radio is best suited for my HERM200 on Rogers in Halifax. Currently I'm running Pays final 6.0 and radio 1.51. I have been experimenting, but the 3g coverage is so patchy it's tough to tell what is working and what's a fluke. I've tried 1.42 (factory), 1.43, 1.46, 1.47, 1.48, 1.51, 1.54...

Before everyone jumps all over me I have search and found nothing. I was hoping someone would have personal experience and be able to make a good recommendation.

Thanks in advance

d

only YOUR personal experience matters, but in Toronto and the Golden Horshoe, I've had the best results with 1.47.30 and best battery life when combined with Berds WM6 or Faria's WM6.1.
"If you light a man a fire, he stays warm for the night. If you light a man on fire, he stays warm for the rest of his life."

dscsayers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot.

It's just so hard to learn what will give me the best connection when coverage out here is so junk... I look forward to my next trip back home to TO to see what this device can actually do.