Quest for the right radio

OP dscsayers

3rd March 2008, 08:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
First, this forum is wicked. I've gone from knowing jack-squat about my device to... well to knowing jack-squat with hard spl and a new rom. I've been tinkering around and am slowly gaining confidence and knowledge, but there is one thing that eludes me.

I'm trying to figure out which radio is best suited for my HERM200 on Rogers in Halifax. Currently I'm running Pays final 6.0 and radio 1.51. I have been experimenting, but the 3g coverage is so patchy it's tough to tell what is working and what's a fluke. I've tried 1.42 (factory), 1.43, 1.46, 1.47, 1.48, 1.51, 1.54...

Before everyone jumps all over me I have search and found nothing. I was hoping someone would have personal experience and be able to make a good recommendation.

Thanks in advance

d
3rd March 2008, 10:48 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscsayers

First, this forum is wicked. I've gone from knowing jack-squat about my device to... well to knowing jack-squat with hard spl and a new rom. I've been tinkering around and am slowly gaining confidence and knowledge, but there is one thing that eludes me.

I'm trying to figure out which radio is best suited for my HERM200 on Rogers in Halifax. Currently I'm running Pays final 6.0 and radio 1.51. I have been experimenting, but the 3g coverage is so patchy it's tough to tell what is working and what's a fluke. I've tried 1.42 (factory), 1.43, 1.46, 1.47, 1.48, 1.51, 1.54...

Before everyone jumps all over me I have search and found nothing. I was hoping someone would have personal experience and be able to make a good recommendation.

Thanks in advance

d

only YOUR personal experience matters, but in Toronto and the Golden Horshoe, I've had the best results with 1.47.30 and best battery life when combined with Berds WM6 or Faria's WM6.1.
3rd March 2008, 11:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot.

It's just so hard to learn what will give me the best connection when coverage out here is so junk... I look forward to my next trip back home to TO to see what this device can actually do.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread