5,599,190 Members 36,124 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Winmo Battery Tests

Tip us?

rpawly
Old
(Last edited by rpawly; 13th March 2008 at 11:27 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Winmo Battery Tests

I am currently testing the battery run times on the Winmo side of the device:
I have disabled the Wifi antenna and shut vista down and screen is set to max bright.

1. SlingPlayer Mobile 4 hours (3g) (POutlook: 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins)
2. Web Browsing via IExplorer 6.1 5 hours 10 mins Full Screen (3g) (POutlook: 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins) (meta reload of 10 seconds on www.velocityatt.com)
3. POutlook & Today Screen 1 - 2 Days 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins (3g)
4. MP3 Playback 11 hours 30 mins TCMP constant loop 1 mp3 5Mb (3g) (POutlook: 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins)(Screen switched to vista processor which was shutdown, audio still came through headphones, so no lcd lit up)
5. Movie Playing 6 hours 5 mins TCMP constant loop 1 avi playing full screen 1Mb (3g) (POutlook: 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins)

If anyone can think of anything else thats relevant or they would like tested please let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 6.1browser.zip - [Click for QR Code] (570.8 KB, 43 views)

danielherrero
Old
Thanks Meter 223

DONATE TO ME
Hi. I ve found the IEXplorer without luck. Where is it?
Thanks

rpawly
Old
(Last edited by rpawly; 13th March 2008 at 03:43 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Daniel,
it is attached now

rpawly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielherrero View Post
Hi. I ve found the IEXplorer without luck. Where is it?
Thanks
daniel when you get can you let me know where to edit reg to announce desktop not mobile phone to websites

rpawly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

danielherrero
Old
Thanks Meter 223

DONATE TO ME
hehe I got it.....

koala996
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpawly View Post
I am currently testing the battery run times on the Winmo side of the device:
I have disabled the Wifi antenna and shut vista down and screen is set to max bright.

1. SlingPlayer Mobile 4 hours (3g) (POutlook: 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins)
2. Web Browsing via IExplorer 6.1 5 hours 10 mins Full Screen (3g) (POutlook: 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins) (meta reload of 10 seconds on www.velocityatt.com)
3. POutlook & Today Screen A LONG TIME 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins (3g)
4. MP3 Playback 11 hours 30 mins TCMP constant loop 1 mp3 5Mb (3g) (POutlook: 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins)(Screen switched to vista processor which was shutdown, audio still came through headphones, so no lcd lit up)
5. Movie Playing 6 hours 5 mins TCMP constant loop 1 avi playing full screen 1Mb (3g) (POutlook: 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins)

If anyone can think of anything else thats relevant or they would like tested please let me know.
thank you ! .. but I'd like to know if it is possible to use it a complete week (without using too much the WinMobile part...) because the touch is only 2 days ... using it a little.. and I'd like the shift to be about 7 days.
Devices:
HTC HD2
HTC Trophy 7
HTC (G2) Magic
HTC (G1) Dream (dev phone)

rpawly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by koala996 View Post
thank you ! .. but I'd like to know if it is possible to use it a complete week (without using too much the WinMobile part...) because the touch is only 2 days ... using it a little.. and I'd like the shift to be about 7 days.
HTC states that a unaltered SnapVue only doing exchange email updates will last you 2 days max.

Good luck on the 7 days, that would be awesome. The 3g radio just eats power.

koala996
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpawly View Post
HTC states that a unaltered SnapVue only doing exchange email updates will last you 2 days max.

Good luck on the 7 days, that would be awesome. The 3g radio just eats power.
yeah but I mean without the push e-mail function .. and 3G disabled.
And is there a way to disabled 3G and push e-mail enable and disable it when needed?
Devices:
HTC HD2
HTC Trophy 7
HTC (G2) Magic
HTC (G1) Dream (dev phone)

rpawly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
you could set it to check email manually and i guess you could turn off the radio as well, it would give you longer. I cant not use my device for days to test that functionality, mmmmmm, when would you be away from a power source for a week anyway?

taking it on safari? (even safaris now a days are based out of lodges) mmmm

so ya it would last longer without the radio on and no push/pull email enabled.