TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

ICS Control v.21 - utility for controlling internet connection sharing

OP lysdexical

14th March 2008, 05:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

50 posts
UPDATE
April 5, 2008 - v0.21 released.

ICS Control is a GUI front-end for Internet Connection Sharing, a component of Microsoft Windows Mobile. It can be configured to do a variety of things including sharing your cellular internet connection over an adhoc WiFi network.

Requirements: .NET Compact Framework 2.0 and Windows Mobile 5 or later with the IPNAT driver included (most WM6 builds have this built-in). The "Internet Sharing" application that some phones have is not required, but IPNAT is.

ICSControl is a single .exe file, included in the zip file below. You can place it directly in /Windows/Start Menu/Programs/ on your device and it will appear as an icon in Programs. Or you can place it elsewhere and create a shortcut.

Comments, bug reports, and requests are welcome.

If you like this program and would like to express your appreciation with money, you can donate via Paypal.

Changelog

v0.21
- Added host names from DHCP leases to DMZ and InternalHost dropdown lists.

v0.2
- DHCP Lease editing is completed.
- Virtual Server (aka incoming port mapping) configuration is completed.
- Application definitions (aka outgoing port triggers) configuration is completed.
- Added really simple icons.
- Attempts to accomodate weird ipnat driver configurations.
- Other minor changes/fixes.

v0.11
- Added auto-dialing to Connection Manager destinations
- Added private interface IP setting
- Fixed bugs involving the up/down controls.
- IMPORTANT: If you were using v.1, some of your saved settings may be messed up. To fix this, press the Set All Defaults button at the bottom of the settings panel.

More info on Internet Connection Sharing

ICS allows a private network (for example, an ad-hoc WiFi network) to access another network (for example, the internet) as long as the Windows Mobile device is connected to both networks. It should be able to share between any set of adapters. The common configurations of course would be:

Cellular to WiFi (probably the most common scenario, sharing internet access to a WiFi network)
Cellular to Bluetooth PAN
Cellular to USB

But it should also work with more "interesting" combinations like:

VPN to Wifi - get wireless clients onto a VPN
Wifi to Bluetooth - allow bluetooth network devices to access a WLAN.
Wifi to USB - basically the pda acts as a wireless network card for the PC (neat, eh?)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ICSControl.jpg
Views:	21240
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	79649  
Attached Files
File Type: zip ICSControl-0.21.zip - [Click for QR Code] (21.5 KB, 36562 views)
Last edited by lysdexical; 6th April 2008 at 06:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lysdexical For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2008, 07:45 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 13

222 posts
Will this allow you to select the wifi adapter as well?
14th March 2008, 08:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pflatlyne

Will this allow you to select the wifi adapter as well?

Yes. I guess I should point that out as that is probably what people want to do with it. It should be able to share between any set of adapters. The common ones of course would be:
Cellular to Wifi,
Cellular to Bluetooth PAN,
Cellular to USB.

But it should also work with more "interesting" combinations like:
VPN to Wifi - get wireless clients onto a VPN
Wifi to Bluetooth - allow bluetooth network devices to access a WLAN.
Wifi to USB - basically the pda acts as a wireless network card for the pc
14th March 2008, 09:00 PM   |  #4  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 0

83 posts
Donate to Me
More
Will test this out when I get home tonight...will find out if Sprint noticed it later this month when the bill comes in
14th March 2008, 10:05 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 118

672 posts
Wow! Sounds great. Downloading now.
15th March 2008, 12:09 AM   |  #6  

10 posts
This looks interesting. I am hoping this might help me get my phone connected to my laptop as a modem. I do not appear to have the ipnat.dll. Any suggestions?? TIA. AARMD
15th March 2008, 12:23 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarmd

This looks interesting. I am hoping this might help me get my phone connected to my laptop as a modem. I do not appear to have the ipnat.dll. Any suggestions?? TIA. AARMD

Transplanting ipnat.dll (and the necessary registry settings) from another device is possible but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to distribute it. I know, people do it all the time, and there is no reason for MS to care, but I'd still rather not be the one to do it.
15th March 2008, 12:33 AM   |  #8  

10 posts
I am using a Verizon 6800 with WM6 Pro and DCD 2.2.5 ROM installed by an acquaintance. I can find an ipnat file, but it is not listed as a .dll. It shows up with the Windows logo. Does this help at all? I am sorry, but I am somewhat new at all this. AARMD
15th March 2008, 01:15 AM   |  #9  
OP Member

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarmd

I am using a Verizon 6800 with WM6 Pro and DCD 2.2.5 ROM installed by an acquaintance. I can find an ipnat file, but it is not listed as a .dll. It shows up with the Windows logo. Does this help at all? I am sorry, but I am somewhat new at all this. AARMD

That's it. File Explorer hides the extension.
18th March 2008, 12:38 AM   |  #10  

9 posts
Cool, this is working on my Alltel 6800. I have a laptop that had its internal wireless hosed, I am now posting using the HTC as a (very expensive) wireless card
Right now I am running through USB, I have to check it out and see if it works with bluetooth.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread