My PDair aluminium case ( http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product...oducts_id=6561
) arrived today. As I promised I am posting a few thoughts about it:
- The first surprise was that it is really light. I expected it to be a bit heavier, so I would say it's a PLUS.
- Despite being light it actually feels pretty solid. I could not imagine force necessary to break it. Another PLUS.
- Front screen cover (clear plastic) is pretty thick. I would say it's almost unbreakable (as well the case itself). PLUS.
- I'm not sure if inner lining is really neoprene (as advertised), but it seem to serve its purpose quite well. It could perhaps be a bit thicker to absorb more vibrations (remember, I plan to use this case on a bike). Neither PLUS, neither MINUS here.
- The case needs to be opened to be able to use QWERTY keyboard or touchscreen. I really like this solution for my purpose. PLUS here.
- The case doesn't cover buttons, cameras, stylus, etc (see photos on PDair site). PLUS or MINUS? I would say it depends on one's point of view. I think that at least cameras might have been protected (I will probably put a bit of thin plastic where they are), so MINUS here.
- Screw on the back side - despite being quite small - feels really solid and reliable. Included belt clip has a quite good feel as well. PLUS.
- I left the phone in the case laying on the table and someone called me. TyTN II's vibration makes A LOT noise in such situation. Not a big issue - just a minor MINUS.
A few notes about my experience with PDair. This was my first product from them and I will be buying from them in the future. The case is reasonably priced (at US $28) and they ship worldwide for free!
Packaging was perfect - I would be really surprised the case inside would be damaged.
Communication with them is fine, too - they sent a confirmation mail after ordering and another one when item shipped.
Overall I am very satisfied with my purchase (but remember that I have been using it only for a few hours yet) and would recommend it to anybody.
Now I will have to find a way to attach the case to my bike. Will keep you informed.
In the meanwhile please feel free to ask any question.