Universal backlight manager MVBklight.
- System WM2003, WM5/WM6, qVGA, VGA.
- Control of backlight from the today (joystick: right - increases, left - decrease, central button - the settings menu, up / down go to next plugin).
- Popup with backlight regulator (joystick: to the right/up - increases, to the left/down - decrease, closing by the central button).
- Set and get of backlight from a command line (the example, ‘ Cmd 244 ’ - set new, Cmd - returns current).
- Increase/decrease of backlight from a command line (the example, ‘ Cmd + ’ - increases, ‘ Cmd - ‘ - reduces).
- Switch backlight from max to min and back ('Cmd m').
- Cycle change of backlight through Cmd.
Cmd 2 5 7 10 on a circle changes values. If was < 2 sets 2, if < 5 sets 5, ..., if >= 10 sets 2.
Similarly with decrease, Cmd 10 7 5 2 - if was more than 10 sets 10 if > 7 sets 7, ... if <= 2 sets 10.
- Switch on of the necessary backlight at connection to an external power (only if plugin is active) and switch back to battery backlight.
- The torch mode, switch on the maximum backlight and the white fullscreen (Torch.exe in a program folder).
- Settings of colors.
- Support of skin (32-bits RGBA bmp).
- Various kinds of sliders (without skins
- Display of backlight value by number or in percentage.
- Possibility of manual input of dwIoControlCode codes (see DeviceIoControl in MSDN) and the registry keys which are responsible for set and get of current value of backlight (these codes and keys differ from a device to device).
1. Install the cab in the main memory (not on storage)
2. Start from Start-up-> Programs-> MVBklight or from explorer \Program Files\MalVal\MVBklight\Cfg.exe, make settings.
3. In the same place, in settings switch on a plugin.
1. At the first start in line "Settings for" there will be a name of your PDA and will be established default settings for it. If default settings does not work, we can manually adjust it.
2. In the field "Type" choose your PDA type.
Input section, branch and keys of registry in which current values of backlight are stored (Battery and power). For many PDA - HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight, ACBrightness and Brightness.
They can be looked in the registry (corresponding values vary after backlight change by a built-in regulator). In the same place it is possible to find the maximum and minimum.
3. For WM5/WM6 it is necessary to enter corresponding sexadecimal codes DeviceIoControl.
4. Specify a skin folder. There should be four 32-bit bitmas with an alpha-channel (folders should be in a plugin folder).
To find out backlight settings for each concrete device, it is necessary:
1. Find out what file with exptention dll, cpl or any is responsible for backlight on this device (means backlight adjustment through the menu Settings-> System-> Backlight or Brightness ).
Usually this file is in a windows folder and has a certain speaking name of type COMBacklight.dll (on ETEN).
As a last resort, it is necessary to investigate all files suspected on backlight control.
2. It is necessary to copy these files on PC.
3. Then we use IDAPro to disassemble it and try to find options needed.
There are some known settings in attach (my database).
PS. Sorry for my english