[PreRelease BigStorage] Just2Clean and Two New Kitchen [Updated:04.22.08]
This is a release for the ROM and the porting kitchen. It does not port XIP's, yet, just SYS folders, but it does what it needs to do. I haven't tested it in more than just one port, though. The one I did test came out perfect, though.
The ROM has 63.XXmb FREE storage and 31.XXmb free with SD RAM.
To flash it you MUST have a HardSPL'ed Herald or Wing and a microSD card. Just place the HERAIMG.nbh into the SD card's root directory. Do NOT rename it to anything else. Then hold the camera button down while you turn on the device and then press the volume down slider when it asks you to. Wait until it says it's done. I haven't tried to run any activesync other than to an exchange server so tell me if that isn't working.
I'll be done with finals this week and then I can finally work on the other kitchen.
I'll upload it when I come back from school.
Update #2: 04/14/08
Just added a screenshot. Mind you, this is WITH SD card AND after I installed my "troubleshooting" tools.
60mb of FREE storage space.
32mb RAM with no SD
30MB RAM with SD
No compression (I'll probably released a UPX'd version, as well...)
Fixed all bugs found so far except for two. Maybe you guys can help me figure them out... the sad part, I've fixed these same two bugs countless times in my other ROMs, but I just can't remember how I did it. lol
1. Comm Manager: It doesn't matter what comm manager I place in there, it still boots up the built in comm manager. (The one that Tmobile has anyways.)
2. The Vibrate button. I have all the files and I have it setup so that it vibrates when you hold down the comm button, BUT it keeps trying to open VoiceCMD even though I deleted all visible entries for it...
Ok guys. Here's some info on my current projects.
1. Just2Clean is almost done. I just have to fix some bugs. The OEM is from an unreleased Wing ROM, the SYS I ported over using... well keep reading.
2. My phone currently is running currently has 62.38mb total of storage... and I was able to shrink the extrom and use that ROM space for storage. Granted, you need to have HardSPL and a memory card for this to work, but it's awesome. This ROM is also so small and stripped that it's the fastest ROM I've ever used and I don't even have any tweaks on it, yet.
3. Kitchen 1: PPCBuildOS: Unfortunately, I haven't had time to work on porting it, but after I get Just2Clean fixed, I'll be working on it. AWESOME kitchen. The creator is so willing to help, too. Made me a developer of the Atlas section (Herald compatible so no worries for those Herald users.)
4. EasyPortKitchen. So far, I've got it porting SYS folders just fine. I haven't been able to setup XIP porting, but that's because I still don't understand the process behind it. If someone wants to explain it to me, I'll be able to finish this kitchen. So far, Just2Clean had its SYS folder ported in this way.
EDIT: 5: I plan to release the ROM with language packs for the kitchen. Then you can just check on the language you want the ROM to be in while building the ROM.
Ok, change of plans.... I'm currently working with the makers of PPCBuildOS to make an Atlas/Herald version of their kitchen. It's currently being developed with JustClean, but it will eventually be released with my Just2Clean. (That'll be the new name.) That kitchen is AWESOME, btw. ^_^ Makes my kitchen look like a pitiful script kiddy toy.
Just2Clean will be a WM6.1 stripped down better than JustClean was, more modulized and with its OEM based on an unreleased ROM.
I'll keep you guys posted but I'm not sure of how much I can talk about now that I'm helping develop the Atlas/Herald side of it...
A few things that I've been thinking about on my "off" time... basically, the time that I'm just unbusy enough to have my own personal thoughts outside of work or school related ones. lol
All these ROMs would be compatible with my kitchen.
1. SuperClean - A ROM built with lots of compression and minimal programs. The point of this is to be the "bigstorage rom" where you can't even flash it normally because it doesn't meet the size requirements of the RUU/SPL.
2. JustClean2 - Based on an unreleased OEM from an unreleased ROM that I made before I switched to WM6.1. It's based on a Wing ROM... but it has potentials. It just feels faster and it seems to take less space than the current Herald base I'm using. Not to mention that some people are having issues with Herald based ROMs and some bluetooth enabled items.
3. OldClean/NewClean - SuperClean and JustClean2 may have both WM6.0 and WM6.1 versions... I find that, although WM6.0 is slower, it also takes up less space (and therefore can net more storage space) and some people don't seem to like a lot of the WM6.1 features.
What do you guys think? Which would you like to see first? If any? Any better ideas? (And no, no ideas about which programs should be in it, you already have my kitchen for that.) Oh, and the kitchen would become modular, the JustClean1 ROM would be released seperate from the Kitchen.
I'm itching for a ROM as quick as my old WM6.0 ROM, but I haven't had as much luck getting the Herald ROM to run as quickly.
BTW, has anyone ever used my old CleanROM with the Herald keyboard driver? Did you ever have any issues with it?