XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help how can i change my MDN and MSID

Tip us?

pr0ject
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help how can i change my MDN and MSID

I recently ported my number to sprint but before then I changed the rom on my vogue and now the code the customer rep gave me to change the MDN and MSID don't work. How can I change my MDN and MSID now?

daveeckert
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I would flash it with the standard Sprint ROM, set up the phone settings, then flash the ROM back to whatever one you want.

ajones7279
Old
Thanks Meter 28
No wait don't do that yet. Try this. Put this program and .dll file on your phone, in my documents perhaps. Now run GetSPC, enter the ESN hex # with any letters in CAPS and hit "go" and it should give you the spc. Now hit "talk" and put in ##******# (****** being the 6 digit # u get from GetSPC) and then go to edit. U should be able to change them from there
Attached Files
File Type: zip GetSPC.zip - [Click for QR Code] (63.7 KB, 1335 views)

earthbound99
Old
Thanks Meter 0
have you tried ##402535# and then edit?

Randy Skidmore
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I am having the same trouble

I am having the same trouble only I did not flash this phone I bought it this way and can't get in to set the msid. I cant even get the link with my computer to work but I did got the get spc files on my memory card and put it in and used astro an tryed to use it but it says it dont know what to do with am exe file. I have a htc touch 6900 and am stuck. I am such a newbie to phones so I am lost. I tried the ## number that the last guy posted . Any one have any other ideas.

Thanks

egzthunder1
Old
Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Thanks Meter 4255
Location: At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Skidmore View Post
I am having the same trouble only I did not flash this phone I bought it this way and can't get in to set the msid. I cant even get the link with my computer to work but I did got the get spc files on my memory card and put it in and used astro an tryed to use it but it says it dont know what to do with am exe file. I have a htc touch 6900 and am stuck. I am such a newbie to phones so I am lost. I tried the ## number that the last guy posted . Any one have any other ideas.

Thanks
The easiest way (at least for me) is to change all this stuff via WM. Just flash NFSFan's rom and change this via PST programming. Once you are done, flash back to Android.

"As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I fear no evil for I am the God of Death... and this is my valley"

I have ORD

Want to see my devices? Click Below

HTC Blue Angel
ROM: WM 6.5.3 Build 23698 by d-two
Radio: 1.15

HTC Vogue (Verizon Touch)
ROM: Froyo Android (NAND) by incubus26j
Radio: 3.42.50

HTC EVO 3D
ROM: YAS4 v9 by howpathetic (ICS 4.0.4)
PRI: 1.43_003
Radio: 1.09.00.0706
HBOOT: Eng HBOOT (S-OFF)

Sony Xperia T LT30p
ROM: Stock, 91.A.0.148 (Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Bootloader: Locked

Sony Xperia Z Ultra - GPE
ROM: Stock, Unrooted (KitKat 4.4.2)

Huawei Premia 4G
ROM: Stock, Rooted (ICS 4.0.4)

Learn how to flash: CDMA Rapahel, Vogue

Jacob_newton
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I am running NFSFan's WM6.5 rom and am having the same issue. I cannot activate my phone because it will not take the "##*****#" code from sprint.

egzthunder1 recommended using PST programming but I am not sure what that means.

egzthunder1
Old
Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Thanks Meter 4255
Location: At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob_newton View Post
I am running NFSFan's WM6.5 rom and am having the same issue. I cannot activate my phone because it will not take the "##*****#" code from sprint.

egzthunder1 recommended using PST programming but I am not sure what that means.
If you are using NFS, you will find a folder under the Start Menu that is called Phone Codes. The dialer in NFS is skinned if memory serves me well, which means that the ##.. codes will not work.

"As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I fear no evil for I am the God of Death... and this is my valley"

I have ORD

Want to see my devices? Click Below

HTC Blue Angel
ROM: WM 6.5.3 Build 23698 by d-two
Radio: 1.15

HTC Vogue (Verizon Touch)
ROM: Froyo Android (NAND) by incubus26j
Radio: 3.42.50

HTC EVO 3D
ROM: YAS4 v9 by howpathetic (ICS 4.0.4)
PRI: 1.43_003
Radio: 1.09.00.0706
HBOOT: Eng HBOOT (S-OFF)

Sony Xperia T LT30p
ROM: Stock, 91.A.0.148 (Jelly Bean 4.1.2)

Sony Xperia Z Ultra - GPE
ROM: Stock, Unrooted (KitKat 4.4.2)

Huawei Premia 4G
ROM: Stock, Rooted (ICS 4.0.4)

Learn how to flash: CDMA Rapahel, Vogue

aagha
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones7279 View Post
No wait don't do that yet. Try this. Put this program and .dll file on your phone, in my documents perhaps. Now run GetSPC, enter the ESN hex # with any letters in CAPS and hit "go" and it should give you the spc. Now hit "talk" and put in ##******# (****** being the 6 digit # u get from GetSPC) and then go to edit. U should be able to change them from there
When trying this, I get an error message that says that GetSPC.exe is not a valid Win32 application.