I have been having some "trouble" with the phone, good thing I've stumbled to this thread. my Polaris have been behaving strangely for a couple of months and I feel that I don't really have any chance but to live with it (well, all I know is how to flash regular cellphones and doing nokias are not even worth categorized as "flashing a cellphone").
anyway, quick info. bought the phone on summer 2008, about 6 days after buying, the screen went wonky so it goes down for repair and HTC replaced it with a new LCD. after that the SN won't work on any HTC website, said that it's not correct. I asked for HTC's help and their reply was the general stuff they post on FAQ part of their website. after 4 times, I just gave up, they just don't really care about me anymore since they replace the LCD.
here's the list of the problems: (hopefully fixed by the time the phone is flashed)
- sometimes when there's more than 1 txt msg coming in, the phone's ring will be at least double the amount of actual msg (e.g.2 msg = 4 rings, more than 4 is about 9-10 rings, not counting the delivery confirmation)
- sometimes there's no mail icon for txt msg coming in but the number indication on Today's screen under the clock is correct
- phone is trying to send "ghost" mms when I'm replying to a txt msg (been almost 8 months going through this and all I can think of is pressing the reboot hole next to the usb plug). very annoying. sending mms to a ; in the middle of me trying to send a txt
- sometimes only picture of person calling appear, but there's no phone number shown
- when battery is removed, phone does not keep up to date with time and date. just noticed it last week. very strange to have the phone displaying yesterday's date and time haha :P
- reading more than 2 txt msg can balloon up the memory usage to 85%, makes the phone very sluggish
fingers crossed. getting ready to "fix" and "operate" ..........
- so far phone display looks nice. haven't gone deep in.
- bad stuff happening: due to updating RADIO ROM to 1.64, signal reception is super bad, blankly searching most of the time.
- another bad stuff: battery meter doesn't have any number indication anymore! what gives HTC?
- another bad stuff: can't see what program still runs and can't kill anything when pressing the memory picture when tapping the X or the 3bars with the arrow down on the top right corner
- more stuff to do
...have to downgrade the RADIO back to what original rom wants...