v1.9 *** 2013-09-27
- JZBrowser: Favorites partially broke when Clipboard optimizations were introduced
- JZBrowser: After saving a favorite from JZBrowser>JZAction then going back to favs
- JZSettings: During CAB install, enable phone band page on PPC and create 3G icon
- JZAction: added ability to close JZAction after a clipboard history item is selected
v1.8 *** 2011-06-16
- JZAction: Optimized device performance so Clipboard history will append only when new entry is different from last
- JZAction: Slowed down Clipboard compare/parse to use less device resources
- JZAction: Clipboard shortcut error on installation when \Windows\StartUp folder cannot be written to
- JZAction: Fixed Clipboard History repeat warnings on large 1024 character entries
- JZAction: Added option to suppress Clipboard 1024 warning
- JZBrowser: Added Opera Mini 6.0.24093 (Java version) support
- JZBrowser: Added NetFront 4.1 R1 support
- JZBrowser: Verified UCWEB 220.127.116.11
- JZBrowser: Verified UCWEB 18.104.22.168
- JZBrowser: Verified UCWEB 22.214.171.124
- JZBrowser: Added BOLT 2.52 support
- JZBrowser: Verified BOLT 2.31
- JZBrowser: Opera Mobile 9.x and 9.7 took out double-quotes around the URL parameter
- JZAction: Fixed 3G toggle to press yes when a verification window is presented
- JZAction: Added cut ability in copy/paste menu
- JZSettings: Fix help file opening in background
- JZTweaks: Fix security tweak and added a warning
v1.7.0 *** 2010-09-12
- JZBrowser: Added Opera Mini 5.1 WM support
- JZBrowser: Verified Opera Mini 5.1 Java version
- JZBrowser: Verified NetFront 4.0 R3
- JZBrowser: Fixed NetFront 4.0 R3 window focus issue
- JZBrowser: Browser related registry values are backed up and reverted to (instead of MS default values) when JZBrowser is deactivated or the CAB is uninstalled.
- JZBrowser: Ability to override a supported browser location by manually choosing the EXE location if it's not automatically found
- JZBrowser: Registering JZBrowser with the .Net EXE will make sure that you have .Net v1.0.4292.0, v2.0.7045.00 or v3.5.7283.00 otherwise it will warn
- JZAction: Enhanced clipboard history to push the most recent items to the top of the list
- JZAction: Google Translation added to the Search Engine screen
- JZSettings: Show current version in JZ Update
v1.6.9 *** 2010-07-11
- JZBrowser: Added uZard Browser 126.96.36.199 WMV Beta support
- JZBrowser: Added ability to minimize all applications before JZBrowser is launched. Panoramic moTweets is an example of a program that might need this feature.
- JZBrowser: Verified new BOLT 2.02 support
- JZSettings: Improvements to JZ SmartMort update checking function
v1.6.8 *** 2010-04-12
- JZSettings: Automatic update check, download & installation of new JZ SmartMort versions (resembles AppToDate functionality)
- JZBrowser: Verified BOLT 2 beta version
- JZBrowser: Favorites method option added for MortButtons to use the same favorites method as in the rest of JZ SmartMort
- JZAction: Kill processes function now displays processes in alphabetic order
v1.6.7 *** 2010-03-21
- JZBrowser: Opera Mini 5 support for the final Java version
- JZBrowser: Optimized Opera Mini 5 for Windows Mobile logic
- JZBrowser: Verified Opera Mobile 10 final version
- JZBrowser: Added UCWEB 188.8.131.52 support
- JZBrowser: Automated download and installation of MortButtons directly from JZ SmartMort
- JZSettigs: Optimized removal & creation of start menu shortcuts for JZ SmartMort
v1.6.5 *** 2010-03-09
- JZBrowser: Fixed Opera Mini 5 for Windows Mobile functionality for QVGA and VGA devices
- JZBrowser: Fixed Opera Mini 5 for Windows Mobile when running with the fullscreen setting
- JZBrowser: Tested Opera Mini 5 for Windows Mobile on QVGA, VGA & WVGA
v1.6.4 *** 2010-03-07
- JZBrowser: Opera Mini 5 beta for Windows Mobile support
- JZBrowser: Tested Opera Mini 5 beta for Windows Mobile functionality on both PocketPC and SmartPhone devices
v1.6.3 *** 2010-03-03
- JZBrowser: Opera Mini 5 beta 2 support
- JZBrowser: Opera Mobile 10 beta 3 support
- JZBrowser: NetFront 4 support
- JZBrowser: Verified new Skyfire 1.5.0
- JZBrowser: Verified new BOLT 1.60 & 1.70 support
- JZBrowser: Extra error trapping for a situation when the configured Browser GUI is uninstalled, MortScript Choice Menu will default.
- JZAction: Added delayed paste to copy/paste menu
- JZAction: Added 3G toggle to Comm Manager
- JZAction: Added delayed pasting to the copy/paste menu
- Tweaks: Tested 3G toggle on GSM network devices like Pure & Fuze
- Tweaks: Tested dialing shortcut with Pure, Fuze, Wizard & emulator.
- Tweaks: Added BAND setting tweak
- Tweaks: HTC > StartUp put current status on the menu
- Tweaks: Shortcut/LNK ability which will dial a number when the shortcut is clicked. Tested on Pure, Fuze, Wizard and Emulator
- Phone-Specific: New button mapping for the Samsung Jack WM 6.5 ROM
- Phone-Specific: EndKey remapping available for HTC Pure and HTC Tilt 2
v1.6 *** 2009-10-31
- JZ Browser: Resco Explorer, Total Commander & File Explorer can be used as JZ Browser GUI when a link/URL is clicked. The GUI will be killed after URL is opened (option exists to do opposite) but the last folder location will be remembered.
- JZ Browser: including a new .Net executable to trigger JZ Browser. The use is for programs like Barcorama that require just an EXE to which Barcorama passes a URL parameter. Passing parameters to MortScript is not like most other programs expect to do, hence this inclusion. The new EXE is called JZBrowserRun.exe and is located in the JZ folder.
- JZ Browser: Ability to register JZBrowser with my new .Net EXE instead of the long MortScript command. Under JZSettings > Browser > Activate JZBrowser with EXE
- JZ Browser: Opera Mini 5 beta support added. Also added Start Menu icon creation for Opera Mini 5. Tested on PocketPC and SmartPhones.
- JZ Browser: Opera Mobile 9.7b1, the new version from the official web site. If both 9.7b1 and 9.5.x are installed, they will be treated separately.
- JZ Browser: BOLT Browser (JBed Java-based - tested with PPC & SmartPhones versions 0.86, 0.94, 1.04 & 1.5). Also added Start Menu icon creation for BOLT.
- JZ Browser: jB5 Browser version 5.0.117 for PocketPC and SmartPhones.
- JZ Browser: new Skyfire 1.0.0.xxxxx versions were verified.
- JZ Browser: new UCWeb 7.0beta1 was verified.
- JZ Browser: Users can create JZ Browser shortcut with specific browser and URL defined. Also with just a URL defined which pops JZ Browser.
- Added AppToDate support allowing for easy JZ SmartMort updates over the air.
- WM 6.5 was fully tested on VGA and QVGA devices. Initially WM 6.5 did not work properly because it has more color depth causing Opera Mini and BOLT Browser color recognition not to work due to math rounding of the color.
- Opera Mini: better full-screen support for all colors schemes of Opera Mini.
- Opera Mini: removed ChangeIME setting from Opera Mini due to liability of messing with device keyboard drivers
- JBed: Smarter decision of whether OperaMini or Bolt is running in JBed. Kill JBed option removed from browser options.
- JBed: Added a tweak to allow users to change the JBed Java font size.
- JBed: Permanent patch to stop JBed from confirming security prompts.
- MortScript: version 4.3b15 for PocketPC and SmartPhones is included in the CAB. For compatibility reasons & other benefits MortScript will be forced to upgrade if the installed version is too old.
- Phone-Specific: button hacking for Samsung Jack (i637). Ability to re-map MediaNet and AT&T Navigator buttons.
- Phone-Specific: Long EndKey button remap for the HTC Fuze. Should work for other devices that use \Windows\EndKey.exe as well.
- JZ Action: Clipboard Monitor is now always running. Every 15 seconds it will detect if new content is in the clipboard and make it available in Clipboard History. No visible battery drainage was noticed.
- JZ Action: new option to Submit to Search Engine, which will submit the clipboard contents to a popular search engine and run JZ Browser with that URL.
- JZ Action: Communications Manager toggle switches that allow the user turn on and off the BlueTooth, BT Audio, Wireless and Cellular-Data (like NoData).
- New Start Menu shortcut for fast Wifi-Data toggle. Wifi turns on and all Cellular-Data connections turn off (and vice-versa). Shortcut easily maps to a hardware key.
- Direct Start Menu shortcuts for JZ SmartMort so that AE Buttons Plus (which can't parse LNK files like Windows can) is able to work correctly with JZ SmartMort.
- Touch-friendly navigation; users can modify menu sizes of JZAction & JZBrowser to suit different eye vision.
- Tweaks/Hacks: Tethering hack for AT&T and other carriers, Kaiser Tweak, better JBed troubleshooting, disabling startup animations & sounds and SafeInboxExtender added.
- Tweaks/Hacks: Manila (TouchFlo) 3D v1.x and v2.x Internet Tab hacking. Change default browser plus the banner URL/label. Change the search engine on Manila 2.5 version.
v1.5 *** 2008-12-27
- On touchscreen PocketPC devices, MortButtons (v2.4 & above) can be used as the GUI of JZ Browser script when a link/URL is clicked.
- Opera Mini 4.2 final & beta. Works with any color of skin available in Opera Mini 4.2. Uninstall the older 4.0 or 4.1 versions for JZ Browser to start using the new 4.2 version.
- Skyfire version 0.85.7927 and 0.85.8184 were released. Support for both, OLD and NEW versions of Skyfire.
- UCWeb Browser support added for versions 5.x & 6.x Windows Mobile CAB ONLY (not the Java based version offered at UCWeb). If both 5.x & 6.x versions are installed, version 6.x will be the one used.
- URL Exclusions is a feature which allows the user to default a static browser to a top-level domain. Even if the URL is long, the top-level is detected and compared against user exclusions, if an entry exists, then the URL will be opened with the designated/static browser.
- New uninstall logic which will disable JZ Browser when user uninstalls.
- Added Phone-Specific tweaks/hacks for AT&T HTC Fuze.
- Added Rotate Screen option to the Action script.
- Changed some defaults: Opera Mini will not kill JBed.exe, LeftSoftKey is used as the URL Open Method & Favorites now uses File Explorer instead of MortScript file browser.
v1.4.3 *** 2008-10-05
- Skyfire new version 0.80.6883 was released. Added support for both, OLD and NEW versions of Skyfire. Legacy options will show if OLD version of Skyfire is detected.
- After JZ SmartMort CAB finishes installing, JZ Browser functionality will automatically be activated and browsers will be detected. If MortScript is not present, it will also be installed, then MortScript CAB files will be removed, removing 400KB.
- Opera Mini enhancement consisting of short sleep commands between each backspace that deletes "www." in the Opera Mini address box. Affects some users with slower responding keyboards in JBed.
- Enhancement to FakeCursor code to allow using the powerful TaskMgr on SmartPhones even though it's only made to work on a PPC. FakeCursor function now takes the user back to the window title before FakeCursor logic was ran.
v1.4.2 *** 2008-09-21
- Added support for Torch Mobile's Iris Browser.
- Added support for Skyfire SmartPhone edition and modified Skyfire PPC pixel seeking logic when bar is shown and hidden.
- Added multiple Skyfire paste & open URL methods.
- Separated versions of Opera Mobile 8 & 9. Users can have both installed on the device and detected separately by JZ SmartMort.
- IME keyboard driver manipulation for Opera Mini to help pasting in some cases.
- Added option to Pin Last Used Browser as Default. JZ SmartMort will use the last selected browser and set that browser as default for the next time JZ Browser script is opened.
- Added FakeCursor to allow SmartPhone users ability to use more PPC geared applications.
- Added partial JZ SmartMort resets rather than the previously available full reset.
- Added BlackJack II button mapping for the updated WM 6.1 ROM. Both WM 6.0 & 6.1 OS versions are supported for button mapping on BJII.
v1.4.1 *** 2008-07-19
- Opera Mobile 9.51b (beta) is fully supported. Lots of redundant checks ot see if Opera Mobile is present on the device.
- JZ SmartMort CAB now attempts to install MortScript if MortScript is not already installed.
- The CAB file became even larger but with benefit because it will also remove CAB files which JZ SmartMort installs but does not need, saving about 250KB of space and making the JZ SmartMort installation about 500KB after the clean-up.
- CAB uninstalls removed JZ SmartMort settings, this no longer occur and settings will be left for the new JZ SmartMort version to use.
v1.4 *** 2008-07-07
- Created help files.
- Browser: Skyfire fully compatible now, new scan/detection with fail-over paths (if browsers references don't exist in the usual locations like the registry). If default browser timeout is set to zero, the JZ Browser prompt will be bypassed entirely.
- Opera Mini: full-screen, kill JBed option, multiple URL & pasting options.
- Lots of new options for button mapping. All known registry and link file button hacks now integrated to allow virtually any command to be called up. Also provides ability to create a CUSTOM link file from scratch.
- Changed menus to include menu-returns for easy navigation and better user friendliness. Added letters to Action menu as qwerty keyboard shortcuts.
- Phone-specific menu under JZ Settings which expands button mapping for BlackJack II (Samsung i617) CV/MediaNet buttons, as well as, AT&T Tilt (HTC Kaiser) PTT & Long-PTT buttons. More will be added.
- Creation of Start Menu shortcuts & opening of JBed applications w/o needing to open JBed first.
- 3 different methods under JZ Settings > JZ Misc. Options for opening Favorites. Save a Favorite from the JZ Browser script when you pop a link.
- Incorporated VitoCopyPaste with a timeout to return your directional pad action button back to normal.
- Various speed & optimization considerations incorporated.
- Function to deal with MortScript losing focus (e.g. when Home is pressed while Mort choice menu is running).
THE REST CAN BE SEEN IN THE README FILE AFTER INSTALLING THE CAB OR ON SOURCEFORGE (limited post size on XDA)
Initial v1.0 *** 2008-03-30