Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,366 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Pictures & Videos app VERY slow ?

Tip us?

jim256
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Pictures & Videos app VERY slow ?

• Samsung A920 - loaded pictures pretty slow.
  • Treo 700/755p - loaded pictures very very quickly
  • HTC Sprint Touch (Vogue) - loads pictures LIKE A PIG.

ever since i switched over to wm i have noticed how horribly slow the "Pictures & Videos" app is, though i have never really seen it mentioned anywhere. i have all of the performance reg hacks made, am running a clean rom, etc...

but no matter what i do the preview thumbnails for the pictures (and videos) in the pictures and videos app are always EXTREMELY slow to load. a PAIN. especially if im searching through them trying to set a buried picture as my today screen (because this cannot be done with/by htc camera album).

so my question is...does anyone have any sort of fix for this? am i the only one who has this issue? i realize that i have a lot of pictures, but even so...

on my brothers wm5 700wx he says it loads much quicker, though i never actually saw that in action within a folder with more than 10 pictures or so.

i have always had this issue with every rom, both wm6 and 6.1

thanks, Jim.

Ya Boi D
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim256 View Post
  • Samsung A920 - loaded pictures pretty slow.
  • Treo 700/755p - loaded pictures very very quickly
  • HTC Sprint Touch (Vogue) - loads pictures LIKE A PIG.

ever since i switched over to wm i have noticed how horribly slow the "Pictures & Videos" app is, though i have never really seen it mentioned anywhere. i have all of the performance reg hacks made, am running a clean rom, etc...

but no matter what i do the preview thumbnails for the pictures (and videos) in the pictures and videos app are always EXTREMELY slow to load. a PAIN. especially if im searching through them trying to set a buried picture as my today screen (because this cannot be done with/by htc camera album).

so my question is...does anyone have any sort of fix for this? am i the only one who has this issue? i realize that i have a lot of pictures, but even so...

on my brothers wm5 700wx he says it loads much quicker, though i never actually saw that in action within a folder with more than 10 pictures or so.

i have always had this issue with every rom, both wm6 and 6.1

thanks, Jim.
It really all depends on how big the picture is. Also, the picture viewer your using as well.