Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

iContact 0.6 update + source code

OP larna

27th May 2008, 12:46 AM   |  #191  
Thanks Meter: 0

258 posts
Modified versions...
Thanks for the modified versions...however...both theme modified version removed the sms to work number. Now aday people has work number that u can send sms to....

I liked the theme changing idea but i need the sms to work number....can this feature be restored as in the original version?

Also, in version 0.5, u can touch the blank space below the contact address to return to contacts page. In version .6 u have to hit the arrow. Can this feature be restored?

thanks,
27th May 2008, 11:39 PM   |  #192  
Thanks Meter: 32

397 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiLe512

Thanks for the modified versions...however...both theme modified version removed the sms to work number. Now aday people has work number that u can send sms to....

I liked the theme changing idea but i need the sms to work number....can this feature be restored as in the original version?

Also, in version 0.5, u can touch the blank space below the contact address to return to contacts page. In version .6 u have to hit the arrow. Can this feature be restored?

thanks,

I took the work sms part out, I didn't use it so I removed it. The attached .cab should have it...i didn't test it so let me know. As for touching the blank space...no idea how it worked the first time so I can't recreate it, this may have been a "bug" that was fixed in the .5->.6 versions.
Last edited by uiskibum; 28th May 2008 at 10:31 PM. Reason: consolidating cab files
28th May 2008, 02:02 AM   |  #193  

91 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiskibum

Ok I installed it and iContact still behaves the way I have it set; changing the color scheme based on the time of day. THe original version of iContact posted at the start of this thread defaults to the black theme. If you installed either of the versions I have posted then you will see a white/gray theme in the day and the black one at night.

Check your settings.ini file for the following

Code:
[theme_details]
; switch_theme 1=true 0=false
switch_theme=1
day_start=6
day_end=21
If you see this than you will get the time based color themes, if you don't want this set the switch_theme=0.

If you don't have this then try adding it and see what happens, again set the switch_theme=0 and back to see what happens.

The default behavior I added is to switch the themes.

Hope this get to the root of the problem.

I am using the iContact.exe you posted as well as making sure I added that extra text to my .ini file and the theme refuses to switch. I now have the "day" theme stuck, I've tried changing the time in the WM system settings and changing the day start and end times in the .ini file and still nothing works. Any ideas?
28th May 2008, 04:06 AM   |  #194  

16 posts
Some question / suggestions

1. Any method to pop up the phone pad so that I can key in the phone number which have not stored in Contact List

2. Any method to include photo (if have) next to contact

3. I found contact store in SIM card (not as Outlook), iContact cannot find it, is it a bug? Any method to fix it? I have 50% of contact store in SIM card for memory save.

4. I found once I close it, it is still usage of memory, I need to close it using memory software for release memory usage. Any method like S2V, S2P that once I close the software, the whole software will really close, i.e. release memory for using the software.

5. I found it use a lot of memory, any improvement in later version on it?
28th May 2008, 06:40 PM   |  #195  

397 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBGangsta184

I am using the iContact.exe you posted as well as making sure I added that extra text to my .ini file and the theme refuses to switch. I now have the "day" theme stuck, I've tried changing the time in the WM system settings and changing the day start and end times in the .ini file and still nothing works. Any ideas?

Try removing iContact completly and try installing with the .cab file in post #192. The cab installer will bring a settings.ini file over (the installer places it in Program Files\iContact). There is a new flag in the settings.ini file. You can choose what theme you want to display all the time either light or dark.

Please check out the settings.ini file to set this. I breifly explained how it works. Hope this helps. Like I've said, I'm not much of a programmer.

[B]WARNING[B]
Before you delete your current settings.ini file you should copy the favorites section to your desktop so you can restore them easily.
28th May 2008, 06:48 PM   |  #196  

397 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncc06

Some question / suggestions

Quote:

1. Any method to pop up the phone pad so that I can key in the phone number which have not stored in Contact List

No. This is beyond my programming skills, so someone else will need to do it or you can learn.

Quote:

2. Any method to include photo (if have) next to contact

See answer to #1.

Quote:

3. I found contact store in SIM card (not as Outlook), iContact cannot find it, is it a bug? Any method to fix it? I have 50% of contact store in SIM card for memory save.

As has been said before, because of the way iContact is designed it does not/can not get sim numbers. Read the whole thread(at least the last 4 pages) for a more detailed explanation.

Quote:

4. I found once I close it, it is still usage of memory, I need to close it using memory software for release memory usage. Any method like S2V, S2P that once I close the software, the whole software will really close, i.e. release memory for using the software.

WinMo handles memory management for us, at least I read that somewhere. When you tap the X button the software drop to the background..annoying yes, since iContact relies on the X button to end the program you will need something that takes over the default behavior of the X button. If iContact ever goes full screen then the exit function at that time can terminate the program. With the latest versions (post #192) that I have posted the software terminates when you call, email or text a contact.

Quote:

5. I found it use a lot of memory, any improvement in later version on it?

Not from me. I don't know C++ very well, and do not have the time or desire to really learn the intricacies of Windows Mobile programming. All I've done is tweaked a few things to make it more to my likings. You could say I've put out a version .61 or .6a as for a version .7+ maybe someone will take the reins and go. But don't hold your breath.
28th May 2008, 07:08 PM   |  #197  
Thanks Meter: 20

471 posts
@uiskibum:

Thank you for making the theme switch. However I found the day_start and day_end time isn't always accurate. I have tried two different versions:

1) The first version supports them switch. The theme switch happens one hour after the day_start time, and at the time day_end specifies.

2) The version that self terminates upon calling/texting. The theme switch happens at the day_start time but one hour after the day_end specifies.

Is this a bug? It doesn't bother me that much once I figured out the behavior but it was somewhat frustrating at the beginning.

BTW, I'm using tmobile wing with Open Touch v4 lite black rom. Thanks!
28th May 2008, 08:14 PM   |  #198  

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiskibum

No. This is beyond my programming skills, so someone else will need to do it or you can learn.

See answer to #1.

As has been said before, because of the way iContact is designed it does not/can not get sim numbers. Read the whole thread(at least the last 4 pages) for a more detailed explanation.

WinMo handles memory management for us, at least I read that somewhere. When you tap the X button the software drop to the background..annoying yes, since iContact relies on the X button to end the program you will need something that takes over the default behavior of the X button. If iContact ever goes full screen then the exit function at that time can terminate the program. With the latest versions (post #192) that I have posted the software terminates when you call, email or text a contact.

Not from me. I don't know C++ very well, and do not have the time or desire to really learn the intricacies of Windows Mobile programming. All I've done is tweaked a few things to make it more to my likings. You could say I've put out a version .61 or .6a as for a version .7+ maybe someone will take the reins and go. But don't hold your breath.

Thanks for your reply.

Just 2 more thing looking forward to have in later version so that it is much more convenience for user to use

1. Can read phone contact from Sim card
2. Can pop out the key pad for dialing number

Just like another software call FunContact, but unluckily, it is not supported by my ppc LG KS20.
28th May 2008, 11:32 PM   |  #199  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 38

7,390 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncc06

Thanks for your reply.

Just 2 more thing looking forward to have in later version so that it is much more convenience for user to use

1. Can read phone contact from Sim card
2. Can pop out the key pad for dialing number

Just like another software call FunContact, but unluckily, it is not supported by my ppc LG KS20.

The first feature is very difficult to add in as it needs a completely different bit of code. (Currently iContact interacts with Poutlook directly, but accessing the SIM is more complex).

The second could be achieved although again, it would need more code, but much less than the first. If I knew C++, or had the time to learn some I would try, but ATM I don't
29th May 2008, 02:18 AM   |  #200  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 1

406 posts
Donate to Me
More
New version available! 0.7
I just posted my branch of iContact, with skin support! Skinners, go crazy!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=2245963

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread