Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

iContact 0.6 update + source code

OP larna

13th April 2008, 01:57 PM   |  #81  
Thanks Meter: 0

250 posts
has anyone figured out how to change the colors?

thanks!
13th April 2008, 02:03 PM   |  #82  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 70

1,719 posts
More
Thanks works perfect on my prophet
13th April 2008, 10:28 PM   |  #83  
Flag Ayrshire

110 posts
More
any devs had a look into the code yet? i've been following iContact for a good while now and am anxious to see where this is gonna go.

i personally think the prog doesn't need much done to it at all, aside from adding more choices. choices rather than imposing needless bloating features just for the sake of it.

anyways, you're all a good bunch, much respect and keep up the good work (just don't f this up cos it's a lovely little app!)
14th April 2008, 01:15 PM   |  #84  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 70

1,719 posts
More
willtay Have you a contact that begins with Q i would say not and that's why you can't find Q lol add the queen to your contacts and Q will be in the Grid
15th April 2008, 05:44 AM   |  #85  
Thanks Meter: 5

114 posts
hey ya'll, so i wanted to check on the code to start messing with it, but upon opening the vcproj (vs2005), i get:

The following error has occurred during XML parsing:

-----------------------
File: C:\Documents and Settings\maki\Desktop\iContact_v0.6_source\iContac t\iContact.vcproj
Line: 9
Column: 2
Error Message:
'9,00' violates enumeration constraint of '7.00 7,00 7.10 7,10 8.00 8,00'.
The attribute 'Version' with value '9,00' failed to parse.

The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\maki\Desktop\iContact_v0.6_source\iContac t\iContact.vcproj' has failed to load.

---------------------

any suggestions? i don't think it's an issue of it being an 08 proj as opposed to 05, and therefore not converting .... or is it?
15th April 2008, 08:25 AM   |  #86  

94 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phouki

Here is the installer cab with right soft key mapped to iContact

I installed the cab version, but when i press the soft key, there's an error saying it can't open the file icontac because is not signed with a trusted certificate.
but i can open it if i go to menu programs then icontact..it opens!!

I think it has something to do with me running a german PPC.

Program -files are stored in "/Programme", not in "/Program Files".

How can I patch it? I tried the reg-Key "Today/Keys/113" but it just works to the next soft-reset. After that it seems to be overwritten by your settings.

JueLue

Edit:
Found it out myself, will perhaps help s.o. else:

I changed
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:M SCONTACTS Changed String "1" value from "\Program Files\iContact.exe" to "\Programme\iContact.exe"
Last edited by JueLue; 15th April 2008 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Found solution
15th April 2008, 05:26 PM   |  #87  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrinco11

hey ya'll, so i wanted to check on the code to start messing with it, but upon opening the vcproj (vs2005), i get:

The following error has occurred during XML parsing:

-----------------------
File: C:\Documents and Settings\maki\Desktop\iContact_v0.6_source\iContac t\iContact.vcproj
Line: 9
Column: 2
Error Message:
'9,00' violates enumeration constraint of '7.00 7,00 7.10 7,10 8.00 8,00'.
The attribute 'Version' with value '9,00' failed to parse.

The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\maki\Desktop\iContact_v0.6_source\iContac t\iContact.vcproj' has failed to load.

---------------------

any suggestions? i don't think it's an issue of it being an 08 proj as opposed to 05, and therefore not converting .... or is it?

Microsoft doesn't like backward compatibility, even when the file structure is the same.
VS08 files CAN be opened in VS05, but you have to modify the version numbers.

Open the .sln file with a notepad and change:

Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 10.00
to
Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 9.00

open the .vcproj file with notepad and change:

Version="9,00"
to
Version="8,00"

Opens with VS 2005 then, no problem.
Last edited by YaTwice; 15th April 2008 at 05:29 PM.
15th April 2008, 10:06 PM   |  #88  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 12

247 posts
More
thank you so much great work
16th April 2008, 01:36 PM   |  #89  

10 posts
More
hi,
Primarily excuse my English. Just wanted to know if there is possibility of restructuring iContact v03 because it is the version I like best pq not eat anything and is the perfect added to the system as improvement. The question of restructuring is because I have noticed that when you have many many contacts not showing all. Only the first letter draws omitting everything else and also is malfunctioning. If someone could fix this for the old version would be great. For my taste lo unico que le faltaria to this version (v03) would be the photo next to the name on the list and that when seleccionaras enter into details operating system like this today.

A greeting to all.
Last edited by sercontri; 16th April 2008 at 02:59 PM.
17th April 2008, 01:04 AM   |  #90  
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2

265 posts
Donate to Me
More
iContacts ROCKS!
I've been using it for a couple weeks now. Fast, and scrolls nice. (unless I'm thinking about the new scrolling feature of wm6.1) Anyway, I love it. I was looking for a way to integrate it with smartskey in the phone app. I found on a thread talking about RandomAccess (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=smartskey) that with a simple edit of the registry you can make iContact your default contact manager. Make sure after you edit you give the registry plenty of time to write before doing the soft reset. It works fine on my Wizard, but your mileage may vary.

Make a backup of your registry or at least the MSCONTACTS key before you edit. Edit at your own risk, yada, yada, yada...

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCONTACTS]
"0"="Contacts"
"1"="iContact.exe"

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread