Originally Posted by rubledub
as i tire of hunting for hours for a thread i post. here goes...
for some unknown reason my g4 8125 wont charge. it went dead on the charger and i was thinking that my wall charger had freaked out. well after about a day of sitting i hit the power button and the lights came on! well it was a built up charge so i know the phone didn't brick. i put it on the usb cable to see if the red light would come on and no such luck.
any ideas? r they known for suddenly ignoring the charger??? any help is great!
oh and i haven't modded anything but the carrier unlock.
*i found on ebay a few that were selling with the charger port "broken" ... this a common thing? it able to be fixed if so?
I had a similar issue a few months back. It happens that the wizard needs a minimum charge on the battery in order to being able to charge. Itīs like the charging connection is made by internal software.
Probably you drained too much the battery to a point that it no longer can sustain the cellphone on enough time so it recognizes the charger and it starts charging.
The workaround would be to jumpstart the battery.
Thereīs a post on thiss matter but in order to give you a straigth answer, you will need to find a low voltage source (better of 5volts or less, DC). Many users have used the usb port on their pcs, cutting out a cable.
Then you will need to remove the battery from the phone, and find the (+) and (-) sing. Probably you will find that there are more than 2 power connections on the battery. I assumed that the + and + were the most outer ones and it worked for me.
Then you would need to "connect" the power source cables to the battery. Beware of the polarity. keep the cables there for about 5-8 minutes so the battery would have a charge on it.
I personally used as a power source, a small 4 AA NiM rechargeable battery pack that gave me 1.2 volts x 4, meaning 4.8 volts. So even when the battery is only 3.7volts, a 5 volts power supply as the USB port, would do the trick. Just be carefull not to overcharge the battery. If you feel that the battery is getting hot, then probably something went wrong and you must stop and recheck the polarity. After 5 minutes the battery shouldnīt heat up too much on a 5volts surge.
To use the USB you just need to cut out an old usb cable that you donīt use (from an old mouse, or anything similar. Find the black and the red cables (the green and white are data cables, so donīt mess with those). and use them to connect to the battery with your fingers.
Tell us how it went.