Android (Working... well kinda... )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

drownage

Jan 16, 2008
Hey devs,

So according to this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=2084090&posted=1#post2084090

It is possible to port the android platform on 7500... And I had though 7200 and 7500 are essentially same except for different carriers... So I was wondering if anybody can find a similar approach installing android on the kaiser...

PROOF of workign: http://ustream.tv/recorded/MCvuInWZtruJojC4h2HqiAUyBKjIDFx4

It didnt work for me when I tried it from SD either... Remember I used AT&T Tilt ROM... i want to hear if this works on other ROMS...
Oh and if it freezes after haret is done loading... then it is probably that u do not have A LOT OF space on ur main memory... So do a clean up and a clean boot up before u run this... remember, we're just emulating it right now... oh and its seems pretty fast after its loaded... of course, I am only judging this by the one thing I can do i.e. bring up the wallpaper setting dialog usign the OK button beside the DPad...

Last edited:

drownage

Jan 16, 2008
OMG it works...
No buttons.. OK buttons puls up some wallpaper setting.. but it loads in LINUX, terminating WM..

People try it out... You DONT have to flash ur phone to use it... You might have to soft reset it to quit since buttons dont work... ;)... im trying something to get buttons working...

EDIT: Btw, I am using AT&T Test ROM for now... was just testing it... It might work better with Dutty's ROM... Please let me know if any progress is found :)...

Raven_coda

Mar 15, 2005

You are able to get this to work on the Kaiser? I freeze after the HaRET finished loading. Are you running this from the SD card or from main memory? This is quite a shock to hear of a working android on the kaiser because uptil now there hasn't even been a working liunx version on the kaiser!

Please share with us any details that you think might help us to reproduce this!

NuShrike

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2007
So confirmation it works on Kaiser? This vector would be more productive than sitting on our asses waiting for hardware-drivers from HTC/Qualcomm.

drownage

Jan 16, 2008
Yes, Please, or at least some type of proof or something! :D

Lol ok... Ustream video??... yea im running it from main memory... it works... i jsut cant get the keys to work... so about only thing i can do it Wallpaper... but ok if u all are requesting it... i'll upload proof... :)...

BTW... i am using AT&T Tilt ROM...

Will post proof link after im done recording...

Last edited:

masterdude656

Jan 17, 2008
Lol ok... Ustream video??... yea im running it from main memory... it works... i jsut cant get the keys to work... so about only thing i can do it Wallpaper... but ok if u all are requesting it... i'll upload proof... :)...

BTW... i am using AT&T Tilt ROM...

I dont want to seem like an ass, Im just happy and dont want to keep my hopes up because I have had to success, and trying to develop is hard when you cant even boot :cool:

drownage

Jan 16, 2008
I dont want to seem like an ass, Im just happy and dont want to keep my hopes up because I have had to success, and trying to develop is hard when you cant even boot :cool:

LOL but this is jsut the beginning... This jsut tells us android is capable of running... so when ANDROID is actually released/unofficially released, we can port it on here... Because originally it was thought android wud not run on kaiser...

masterdude656

Jan 17, 2008
LOL but this is jsut the beginning... This jsut tells us android is capable of running... so when ANDROID is actually released/unofficially released, we can port it on here... Because originally it was thought android wud not run on kaiser...

Ya, I know which is awesome! I dont mind, im just happy that there is a sign of hope of a working linux kernal at the least. :)

drownage

Jan 16, 2008
Ya, I know which is awesome! I dont mind, im just happy that there is a sign of hope of a working linux kernal at the least. :)

Proof posted :)... now to soft reset to get work done ;)

Oh and update... I tried to instead chnage the script to run a different initrd... one from actual SDK, but that was around 33 MB... and haret.exe complained it can only run images <= 25MB or so... So If anyone can get the latest SDK imaged and get it running... please post instructions...

Last edited:

masterdude656

Jan 17, 2008
Proof posted :)... now to soft reset to get work done ;)

Oh and update... I tried to instead chnage the script to run a different initrd... one from actual SDK, but that was around 33 MB... and haret.exe complained it can only run images <= 25MB or so... So If anyone can get the latest SDK imaged and get it running... please post instructions...

Im not having any luck with this with Eclispe on Ubuntu Hardy Heron. Anyone else have the sdk running at least? I do, just cant get it to make the image without having dependency issues.

drownage

Jan 16, 2008
Im not having any luck with this with Eclispe on Ubuntu Hardy Heron. Anyone else have the sdk running at least? I do, just cant get it to make the image without having dependency issues.

Hmm I use gusty... but I do android SDK on windows so not sure... Dont feel like booting into gusty yet rite now... but Y are u doing that... the image is provided on the link in post #1... the initrd is the iamge technically because haret is a bootloader...

Status
Not open for further replies.