Thanks Meter: 4

211 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistadman

Hope this helps!!

I have tried both ways you suggested, no luck there. It still outputs the same:

Code:
  CHK     include/linux/version.h
make[1]: `include/asm-arm/mach-types.h' is up to date.
  CHK     include/linux/utsrelease.h
  CC      arch/arm/kernel/asm-offsets.s
arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1': execvp: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [arch/arm/kernel/asm-offsets.s] Error 1
make: *** [prepare0] Error 2
19th May 2008, 08:12 PM   |  #442  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
toolchain
I suggest you build your own toolchain first. You can use this great tool http://kegel.com/crosstool/#download.
It'll download all necessary sources and build it for you. Then see how to configure kernel build environment http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/docs/kerncomp.php.
19th May 2008, 10:05 PM   |  #443  

211 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by essorimmer

I suggest you build your own toolchain first. You can use this great tool http://kegel.com/crosstool/#download.
It'll download all necessary sources and build it for you. Then see how to configure kernel build environment http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/docs/kerncomp.php.

Thanks mistadman and essorimmer for helping me. It was indeed an issue with toolchain. Instead of building a new toolchain I have obtained one from:
Code:
http://www.codesourcery.com/gnu_toolchains/arm/download.html
And the result is:
Code:
  Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready
Now it's time to boot it up on my phone
19th May 2008, 10:29 PM   |  #444  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 1,795

5,306 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaradzyn

Thanks mistadman and essorimmer for helping me. It was indeed an issue with toolchain. Instead of building a new toolchain I have obtained one from:

Code:
http://www.codesourcery.com/gnu_toolchains/arm/download.html
And the result is:
Code:
  Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready
Now it's time to boot it up on my phone

SHARE WITH US PLZ!
19th May 2008, 11:04 PM   |  #445  

211 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmoo

SHARE WITH US PLZ!

At present I'm only trying to setup environment to start fiddling. I didn't change any line of code, just fresh build of Android kernel. I did not apply any patches on google's original repository and I don't even know if my zImage is bootable on Kaiser/Polaris... I didn't manage to boot it on my Polaris but it is nothing new since my boot rate is some 1/20. Anyway if you want to check it out it's attached.

Edit: please let me know if I should patch sources from google (with a brief description how to do it).
Attached Files
File Type: zip zImage.zip - [Click for QR Code] (918.5 KB, 302 views)
Last edited by dwaradzyn; 19th May 2008 at 11:20 PM.
20th May 2008, 07:07 AM   |  #446  

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaradzyn

At present I'm only trying to setup environment to start fiddling. I didn't change any line of code, just fresh build of Android kernel. I did not apply any patches on google's original repository and I don't even know if my zImage is bootable on Kaiser/Polaris... I didn't manage to boot it on my Polaris but it is nothing new since my boot rate is some 1/20. Anyway if you want to check it out it's attached.

Edit: please let me know if I should patch sources from google (with a brief description how to do it).

booted on my kaiser... seems like all the letter keys r working properly, and ok button is set as the back to home screen button... nothing else seems to be working and i didnt test the jog wheel yet since it just froze on me... ill be testin it out again in a bit
20th May 2008, 07:29 AM   |  #447  
Flag Eindhoven

5,306 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killaray

booted on my kaiser... seems like all the letter keys r working properly, and ok button is set as the back to home screen button... nothing else seems to be working and i didnt test the jog wheel yet since it just froze on me... ill be testin it out again in a bit

Touch Screen? I'm @ skool, so can't test it right now!
20th May 2008, 07:57 PM   |  #448  

32 posts
touch screen works pretty good.. still not perfect.. this zimage keeps goin black and freezing after some time
21st May 2008, 08:40 AM   |  #449  
Flag Eindhoven

5,306 posts
Donate to Me
More
We need to fix the latest zImage. (Touch screen working almost 100%, Keybaord works 100%, D-Pad works 75% NEED TO FIX BACK KEY ON THE D-PAD, Fixing Jog Wheel, 100% use)

The 100% use works already, had Android on for 36 minits and it worked an did not freeze.
21st May 2008, 12:43 PM   |  #450  
Thanks Meter: 10

346 posts
More
yer boots every time for me ok is back key. nice 1 is it worth making the key in the middle of the directional pad the back button? i couldnt open anything tho i could get in the phone but that was it on first boot second boot everything worked. power button come up with screen off power off etc but none of the do nothing. jog weel is ok soo long as u go slow with it but it go's abit mad when pressing it in. the start bar button seems to work as an options button its cool cant change wall paper tho. no biggy! just trying to change the date and time
u recon i could save it? other wise looking ace guys good job

did any 1 find the chiwowa dog photots in api. views/grid/2.photo grid?

kinda scary i dont like smal dogs lool
Last edited by vj4; 21st May 2008 at 12:48 PM.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread