Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Need a Guidance Counselor (LOL): How to ROM swap.

OP Paul_Days

18th April 2008, 01:51 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 0

272 posts
by the paul use the search button and type bereda in the search tab and youll find some registery hacks... that fix alot of stuff and also speed up the display... trust me the hacks make it even better of a phone i usually post what my settings are set at
18th April 2008, 02:41 AM   |  #32  
OP Senior Member
Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 195

988 posts
More
More PRoblems
So I went to do the Radio Update (03.07.90) as I told you before, the only application on the folder is ROMUpdateUtility, but you tell me to follow your directions.....this Utility is Windows-based not DOS, so I think I have the wrong one. The phone I am using has no SIM, but doesn't this Blue Elves ROM bring a Radio?

Anyways, please tell me which file i need, and which one do i do the double click on.

Will search your registry hacks.

Cheers,

Paul
18th April 2008, 04:54 AM   |  #33  

272 posts
what do you mean your not using a sim ?... i think you have the right radio since you see the rom update utility... any thing that is being flashed is usually in a romupdateutility... thats what you double click it should have like a picture of a little phone with green in it...but remember you have to first use the elf uspl cid unlocker that is given to you in the blue elves folder...ill do the step by step again
18th April 2008, 04:57 AM   |  #34  

272 posts
1. connect using active sync (after youv flashed the new rom of course )

2.remove sim and sd card

3. locate elf uspl cid unlocker (**inside the blue elves folder**) and open it it will bring you to a dos screen *(windows command screen)*

4.press enter continue until you get to step 2/3 press enter then your elfs screen will turn white just like when your flashing the rom then !!!!!!STOPPPP!!!!!!! do not continue to press enter make sure your screen is white!!!!

(####****if your screen doesnt turn white start proicess again****###)

5. open up the radio folder while still keeping the dos screen up

6. youll find a operation call ROMUpdateutility (there should be like a little phone icon) which is actually the radio...double click that

7. follow the on screen steps and it will work fine

8 enjoy
19th April 2008, 01:57 AM   |  #35  
OP Senior Member
Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 195

988 posts
More
Bereda,

Did the Radio Update, understood, didn't use the DOS Utility....Now the what I think is the LAST problem.....My screen says SIM Locked. So i guess I locked the phone. I bought it unlocked but I never got the code. Can u help me unlock it please?

Thanks,

Paul
19th April 2008, 02:50 AM   |  #36  

272 posts
yes i can help you unlock it....theres a program on here ill find it... i had to use the same program to make mine sim unlocked...
19th April 2008, 02:52 AM   |  #37  

272 posts
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=328221 thats the thread with the sim unlocker.... its simple to use theres a video some where in that thread download and watch it ummm i dont know which page its on...ill help you on that also

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread