Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

[APP] TimeSyncTZ 0-06 - NTP Time Sychronisation Client (06-JUN-09))

OP DaveShaw

1st January 2009, 01:04 PM   |  #11  
Flag Le Vesinet
Thanks Meter: 2

243 posts
More
I get this error choosing the last server in the list.
Works with the first ones.
Thanks for the tool.

TimeSyncTZ.exe
Exception
Un message d'erreur est disponible pour cette exception, mais il ne peut pas être affiché, car ces messages sont facultatifs et ils ne sont pas actuellement installés sur ce périphérique. Installez NETCFv35.Messages.FR.wm.cab pour Windows Mobile version 5.0 ou ultérieure ou NETCFv35.Messages.FR.cab pour d'autres plateformes. Redémarrez l'application pour voir le message.

à TimeSyncTZ.NTPClient.Connect(Boolean UpdateSystemTime)
à TimeSyncTZ.TimeSync.ThreadSyncTime()i
1st January 2009, 05:49 PM   |  #12  
Flag Nieuwegein, NL
Thanks Meter: 400

2,117 posts
Donate to Me
More
It seems you have a French ROM but the English .NET CF 3.5 installed? Or maybe you're suffering from this bug:
http://blogs.msdn.com/martijnh/archi...ework-3-5.aspx

Without the real message I wonder whether Paul can help . I will try to reproduce myself to see whether it crashes with an English ROM and .NET CF 3.5 in English too...

Regards,

Nika.
1st January 2009, 05:57 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
Hi, it's better if you choose pool.ntp.org as the default server. It will automatically select the nearest server according to your IP address.
1st January 2009, 06:18 PM   |  #14  
Flag Nieuwegein, NL

2,117 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yup, same issue on English ROM. Maybe Dave knows why?

Another question I have is that it constantly says it would like to correct about 1 sec (between 0.7 to 1.4 is the values I've seen) after trying to sync again. Any thoughts on why? Possibly it's the time it takes for the code to query and/or set the time?

Regards,

Nika.
1st January 2009, 06:45 PM   |  #15  
Flag Ludhiana
Thanks Meter: 4

113 posts
More
thanx dude.. for sharing this useful application .. GOOB JOB !!! ..
1st January 2009, 07:32 PM   |  #16  
Flag Nieuwegein, NL

2,117 posts
Donate to Me
More
I came across one more (minor) bug:

When the TZ is GMT+1 and you sync from some invalid time (in my case the ROMs built date/time, which was sometime in 2007!), it syncs to one hour ahead. So for instance, phone is set to 14/02/2007 08:13, the current time is 01/01/2008 20:30, it will sync to 01/01/2008 21:30 (instead of 20:30).

Setting it back to one hour before, it will sync fine the next time...

Regards,

Nika.
1st January 2009, 07:35 PM   |  #17  
Flag Nieuwegein, NL

2,117 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've used the silent option btw (added a shortcut to my Sashimi Root folder that automatically adds it to the \Windows\Startup folder):

TimeSyncTZ.exe silent pool.ntp.org

Regards,

Nika.
1st January 2009, 08:49 PM   |  #18  
OP Retired Senior Moderator + Wiki Bureaucrat
Flag Huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 373

8,712 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thierryb

I get this error choosing the last server in the list.
Works with the first ones.
Thanks for the tool.

TimeSyncTZ.exe
Exception
Un message d'erreur est disponible pour cette exception, mais il ne peut pas être affiché, car ces messages sont facultatifs et ils ne sont pas actuellement installés sur ce périphérique. Installez NETCFv35.Messages.FR.wm.cab pour Windows Mobile version 5.0 ou ultérieure ou NETCFv35.Messages.FR.cab pour d'autres plateformes. Redémarrez l'application pour voir le message.

à TimeSyncTZ.NTPClient.Connect(Boolean UpdateSystemTime)
à TimeSyncTZ.TimeSync.ThreadSyncTime()i

I get the error "No such host", which probably means I that some of the server's in the list are wrong. For the next version, I'll re-test the server list and maybe add pool.ntp.org.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikagl

Yup, same issue on English ROM. Maybe Dave knows why?

Another question I have is that it constantly says it would like to correct about 1 sec (between 0.7 to 1.4 is the values I've seen) after trying to sync again. Any thoughts on why? Possibly it's the time it takes for the code to query and/or set the time?

Regards,

Nika.

Hi Nika,
I think it's the delay between the request and reply, I got the same with SynchroTime. Most of the NTP code isn't mine .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikagl

I came across one more (minor) bug:

When the TZ is GMT+1 and you sync from some invalid time (in my case the ROMs built date/time, which was sometime in 2007!), it syncs to one hour ahead. So for instance, phone is set to 14/02/2007 08:13, the current time is 01/01/2008 20:30, it will sync to 01/01/2008 21:30 (instead of 20:30).

Setting it back to one hour before, it will sync fine the next time...

Regards,

Nika.

This I am unsure of, I'll try and re-test this when I next re-open the code . Was it a Kaiser ROM, if so let me know which and I'll flash it to be sure. Do you flash and change the time zone as part of the "Tap screen to Setup" or change it in Windows afterwards?

Ta
Dave
1st January 2009, 08:57 PM   |  #19  
Flag Nieuwegein, NL

2,117 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveShaw

This I am unsure of, I'll try and re-test this when I next re-open the code . Was it a Kaiser ROM, if so let me know which and I'll flash it to be sure. Do you flash and change the time zone as part of the "Tap screen to Setup" or change it in Windows afterwards

Hi Dave,

I've had this with all ROMs (yes it's Kaiser, current is a WM6.0 ROM, see my sig) as far as I remember. Possibly you could even try to set your time back, set it to GMT+1 and sync, which will set the time to a GMT+2 time. I'll check when my phone is done syncing

Regards,

Nika.
2nd January 2009, 07:52 AM   |  #20  
Flag Nieuwegein, NL

2,117 posts
Donate to Me
More
Shorcut in my startup turned out not to be so successful as it fails to connect every time I soft-reset. I guess the HSDPA connection has not yet correctly initialised when the startup folder is executed. Maybe you can add a command-line like "delay XX" where it delays doing the sync?

Regards,

Nika.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread