Well I was able to save, and copy the certificate by going to my companies OWA site.
I copied it via memory card, and was able to install it. Upon installing it I'm not asked for an option of where to install it (root vs. intermediate, etc)
Unfortunately by default it is going to intermediate.
I hope that this will fix it once I figure out how to install it into root.
For now it has not fixed my problem, still get an error synchronizing with the server.
Strange, I re-installed the certificate, to make sure it was from the "head" title branch (my company has an extra level to the branch so I tried both), and this time instead of soft-reset, I completely shut-down the phone.
Powering it back up, it now sync's fine, and there is a 2nd verisign cert with a different expiration installed in the root store. My poor outlook is still syncing data as it catches up for the last couple weeks!