APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

The real reason the kaisers eats up battery

OP alexn2

13th April 2008, 06:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

158 posts
More
I've had an experience the explains why the Kaiser goes through batteries like it's the grand prix. It may be tied to the reason Apple started the I-Phone as 2G.

I own the kaiser, the Nokia e90 and N7710. On a full charge and normal use (for me that's about 50 calls a day in/out, 20 mins of games, 30 mins of reading rss and other information and 30 misc. minutes of backlight on with limited GPS use and very limited wifi. The Nokia e90 lasts 2/3 days, the N7710 2 days and the Kaiser is at 10/20% in 8 hours. But here I am in small Liberia on business, no 3G and yes there is GPS for those that attribute power consumption to GPS and the result is, unplug at 8am by 5pm I am at 90% power (yes my calls are less etc.) but this is amazing. (Worse - I wasted $42 from ATT on a standby battery prior to departure.

My conclusion, 3G is the battery killer...... I'll like to hear from those in none 3G markets about their consumption because I suspect they were the ones who kept taking about being at 80% and made me feel they were on another planet........

I wonder what Apple users willl say when I-Phones start lasting 4 hours
Last edited by alexn2; 13th April 2008 at 06:54 AM.
13th April 2008, 06:45 AM   |  #2  
Flag Houston TX
Thanks Meter: 0

152 posts
More
you have a good battery. My battery is retarded, gotta charge it every single day . After about 1hr and 45 mins of talk time , some lil screwing around with music and software . I am here , at 50% .
Last edited by aberz; 13th April 2008 at 06:48 AM.
13th April 2008, 06:47 AM   |  #3  
Flag New york city - Boston

89 posts
More
WiFi
I believe the 3G might be a battery killer, so does the WiFi. If I turn on my Wifi, my kaiser can last for 3-4 hours only.
13th April 2008, 06:48 AM   |  #4  

1 posts
makes sense, it's why Apple kept 3G out of the original iPhone. It is a battery sucker for some reason, perhaps poorly designed chip or software, who knows. Although maybe Apple will push some manufacturer to make a decent 3G chip that doesn't kill batteries.
13th April 2008, 06:51 AM   |  #5  
Flag Houston TX

152 posts
More
iphone battery sucks big time , even without 3g . My bro got an iphone, he cried all day about his battery. yep, 3g kill the thing. Why get an expensive unlimited data plan when your battery aint last long enough to enjoy it fully.
13th April 2008, 07:14 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

39 posts
I'm using T-mobile USA and there is no 3G here.

Just using GPS with Live Search, e-mail checking every 15min. Maybe 15min of web surfing on an Edge network, and otherwise normal use. If I take it off the charger around 10am - it's at around 20% battery life by 2am.

So I get about 16-20 hours out of a full charge with normal use. No 3G.
13th April 2008, 07:15 AM   |  #7  

366 posts
More
I thought 3g being a battery killer was pretty obvious.

I can get 2 days out of my phone, in 3g, but I set it to auto-activesync every 30 minutes and maybe an hour or 2 of talk time in that period.
13th April 2008, 08:20 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

416 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aberz

iphone battery sucks big time , even without 3g . My bro got an iphone, he cried all day about his battery. yep, 3g kill the thing. Why get an expensive unlimited data plan when your battery aint last long enough to enjoy it fully.

For starters, the iPhone isn't 3G.
Second, tell him to return it since it sounds defective. I own an iPhone that I use daily when I don't want the bulky Tilt on my hip, and I listen to a live stream for about 8 hours and have plenty of battery life left. The battery life can't even be compared to a Tilt. It's superb. Try listening to an RSS feed on the Tilt for more than an hour. You're phone will almost be dead.
13th April 2008, 09:38 AM   |  #9  
Flag Houston TX

152 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfin44

For starters, the iPhone isn't 3G.
Second, tell him to return it since it sounds defective. I own an iPhone that I use daily when I don't want the bulky Tilt on my hip, and I listen to a live stream for about 8 hours and have plenty of battery life left. The battery life can't even be compared to a Tilt. It's superb. Try listening to an RSS feed on the Tilt for more than an hour. You're phone will almost be dead.

before you get on iphone fanboi ego please readd
nobody say that iphone had 3g, it will.
battery of the tilt is on bad side, but iphone battery is nowhere near superb.(except yours, of course )
its not just my bro some peeps i know say the same thing. yea, should tell em to return.
no hate for iphone here cuz i dont own it, but hey I proudly carry my rss-radio-die-fast tilt all day every day. tell ya what my bulky tilt can use for self defense.

btw my bro planning to sell it soon for the upcoming 3g version.
13th April 2008, 11:08 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 33

71 posts
Smile
Well....Its rightly Said 3G gulps d battery ...I m in a NON 3g country right nw (at least for d time being ...they r goin to launch it...and dat will be d real test f d battery)
AND
So does the WIFI ... dats smthing people r nt pointing at...dats also is a battery Guzzller....it eats up mine at d rate f about 20 for 1 hr continuous use on an avg.

On an avg using NON-3g mode, 0.5 hrs Wifi, 2 Hrs Egde, 10 calls, 30 sms
my battery give me about approx 1 dat time...may be bit more.

BUT i think, Seriously using people should go for A HIGh amp battery ....dats GR8 instead f carrying small standby ones.... which will also save d cost!

Regards

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread