Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,692 Members 52,133 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[WM6.1] Merged Reversal 2.0 - R E V I V E D

Tip us?

rondol1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskay View Post
yeah, i know. i was looking around for some decent skins. but due to the neutrality of black also matching the original black dialpad, i thought it might suit just anybody best, since now, everyone can chose whatever theme colour they like, you see?
You are probably right. Anyway I have a habit about "greening" things up, so it don't bother me at all. If I bump in to a nice, neutral skin that matches the black dialer, I will remember you...

BTW you did upgrade the solitaire images, didn't you?
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]iPhone 3GS 16Gb

chriskay
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
nope. this sort of "patch" might be nice for wm5. but the patched images just look rubbish compared to wm6 solitaire. only the cover images do look better. but that is not worth the "upgrade".
HTC 7 MOZART

If you fancy Depeche Mode and alike, you might also enjoy my sound on http://www.chriskay.com

rondol1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
nope. this sort of "patch" might be nice for wm5. but the patched images just look rubbish compared to wm6 solitaire. only the cover images do look better. but that is not worth the "upgrade".
Now you know how often I have played Solitaire since I flashed WM6.... never noticed those upgraded images before!

BTW one thing I did like about Cloudyfa's extended design was the colored keyboard. Is it simple to install that one again? Wich files are involved?

chriskay
Old
(Last edited by chriskay; 18th April 2008 at 10:28 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
i could provide you with the msim.96.dll which contains the green skin. but just copying it into the windows folder won't do the trick. i don't know if there is another way apart from recooking the rom. sorry!
HTC 7 MOZART

If you fancy Depeche Mode and alike, you might also enjoy my sound on http://www.chriskay.com

jspacemarine
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Why is the top bar one solid colour?

or is that because of the screnshot program?
HTC Prophet with Crystal V5.1
IPL : 2.10.0001
SPL : 2.G4.4PDA
GSM : 02.07.20
SD : 2GB 150x

chriskay
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspacemarine View Post
Why is the top bar one solid colour?
or is that because of the screnshot program?
that is the official new design of wm6.1. i got used to it and now like it pretty much. looks a bit like vista now.

anyway, if you don't like it, delete registry key [hkcu\software\microsoft\today\windows mobile 6.1.tsk]
HTC 7 MOZART

kancrutt
Old
Thanks Meter 38
dear chriskay, can u upload WMP Skins (like in ur ROM) in cab file?
thanx in advance

cxm7105164515
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks very much!

rondol1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
i could provide you with the msim.96.dll which contains the green skin. but just copying it into the windows folder won't do the trick. i don't know if there is another way apart from recooking the rom. sorry!
recooking shouldn't be a problem, I you could upload that dll file I would be gratefull. Is it just a matter of replacing when cooking or is there more involved?

A lot of questions, but you did just that what I had planned to do, except from some minor details. You have saved me a lot of trial-and-error!

chriskay
Old
(Last edited by chriskay; 18th April 2008 at 10:33 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondol1 View Post
You have saved me a lot of trial-and-error!
that is more or less exactly what i did. as i said, i am quite new to the cooking business. but it was quite some fun and interesting, and sometimes a pain in the arse... so, you should give it a try...

anyway, i upload the dll which just has to be replaced in the dump folder. BUT it is a module dll. so you can copy it right into the module folder or create one yourself with reversemode.exe. either way, before building the rom, you MUST use G'Reloc.exe. otherwise, it will most likely not work. that is at least my experience from replacing the touch.dll. i used neokit035 which still has g'reloc included. the same procedure is probably necessary when replacing any other module.

by the way, i was thinking to strip off the black commmanager skin and go for the basic blue one, since the black one has a tiny little minor flaw... it has got to be just perfect, you know (that is also genetic )?

p. s.: attached the entire module
Attached Files
File Type: zip msim.96.dll.zip - [Click for QR Code] (106.1 KB, 21 views)
HTC 7 MOZART